Cleaning house

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

For the record...

Facebook is a soul-sucking demon that makes you feel guilty for not wanting to 'befriend' people that you don't like in real life because you don't want to hurt their feelings.

'Ignore' is such a harsh way to deal with people who are only minor irritants in real life. I generally 'friend' them, and then delete them later once they've had a chance to peruse all my photos. Much less offensive that way, and yet...I still feel guilty about it. What's up with that, anyway?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • I think that you should have three options when you receive a friend request -- "accept", "ignore", and "ask me later". Then you're not really saying no. You're just putting it off until you've had a chance to think about it some more. Not an outright denial but a form of passive-aggressive procrastination :)

    By Blogger jenniek, At Tue Feb 17, 09:56:00 am  

  • Yep - I agree with you - It's dumb. I'm currently having to "ignore" a lot of people, (cuz I'm student teaching in a highschool a bunch of my students wanna add me as a "Friend" - Not really down with that! **I just tell them it's against school policy, but I still feel bad even though I shouldn't!

    By Blogger mr zig, At Tue Feb 17, 10:36:00 am  

  • Well, despite the fact that I have often said that Facebook goes against everything the internet stands for (deception, lies, debauchery) I am considering having one. I fear I will live to regret it.

    I kind of started one, but I never got to the set up part. It was then that I realized that already people had sent me friend requests.

    That was kind of freaky.

    By Blogger Sturdy Girl, At Thu Feb 19, 12:33:00 pm  

  • I'm considering deactivating my facebook because I don't want to reconnect with all these people I barely remember from high school. But then I feel guilty... Still, I think a lot of people are in your past for a reason.

    By Blogger Zazzy, At Fri Feb 27, 05:40:00 pm  

  • So you can delete me later!LOL

    By Blogger -LGirl-, At Wed Mar 11, 11:50:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home