Cleaning house

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pooped!

Yesterday I was so exhausted that I was asleep by 10:45pm. I woke at 6 o'clock with a startled jump when the alarm went off. I didn't know where I was, or why I was getting up. I wasn't sure if it was night-time, day-time, or even what day it was. And then I remembered.

It's visit day. Yesterday was also visit day. Monday night I came home on time, but Tuesday we worked from 7 am until 9:15 pm. I hit my bed around 11 after doing a late-night delivery with my own auto. Yesterday was also a 7-7 day. I didn't stay late, as I was beat.

Tonight, I work until 9:30 pm, but I went in at 7 am. I am home to shower, change clothes, and go back in to wait for the Uber-boss to visit. All reports indicate he's in a foul mood too, so it should be FUN-FUN-FUN! Whee.

I'm at the point where I'd almost welcome getting canned--which is unfortunately unlikely to happen. I am definitely at the point though where I'm finished taking shit for things that are beyond my immediate control, even if they SHOULD be within my control. Circumstances are what they are, and I'm finished (HA! Like this will stick!) taking grief for things like weather, poor supply from vendors, and paying too much for salaries because I'm paying four extra people who are currently out on disability.

It's actually quite liberating to be at this point, even if I AM tired and physically pooped. I've done a lot of really physical stuff at work the last few days, and I'm really enjoying the muscle fatigue. I can see myself back at the gym in a couple of weeks when the COB returns to work full time.

Woot! Back to the grind--happy Thursday, boys and girls!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home