Cleaning house

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sleepy Sunday

This is awesome.

As is this.

Someone found this blog while searching for "Canadian Bus Photos". I knew I'd gained a few pounds, but I had no idea it was this bad! Time to get back to the gym!

So last night I went over to Heidi's to meet her boyfriend/room-mate and drink with some of her friends. As it turns out, they were her boyfriend's friends, but they were fun. Well, the guy was--the girl was a little uptight.

It was great--I met new people with whom I do not work, and they were SMART. And FUN. Wow. The guy I met was fantastic--intelligent, clever, and (my favourite) TALL. He was also attached, and with child, but he's a fun person to know. And bantering with him all night reminded me that I need to get off my ass and meet new people. And it also reminded me that I do not have to settle for the sub-par conversational abilities of the rocket scientists I call co-workers. I used to be smart and well-spoken, and I can be that way again, goshdarnit!

But I drank too much. And I slept on Heidi's couch. So I got up early-ish (10:30) and walked to the bus-stop and came home. I went to Pete's for some veggies, and the market for some inspiration. I had a lovely Sunday afternoon. The rest of it, I have wasted sitting on the couch watching bad TV and being tired. It's been grand.

I have downloaded about a bazillion songs, give or take a couple of million...and I'm enjoying my Limewire immensely. I'm only feeling a little bit guilty about stealing songs from talented musicians.

If you're looking for a new album to buy, you should consider Porcella by The Deadly Snakes. This is my sister's boyfriend's band, and they're great.

I'm off to bed--must work tomorrow, even though I don't want to. And 5:00 am comes earlier and earlier it seems. Perhaps I just need to get my ass to bed before midnight once ina while. That would likely help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home