Cleaning house

Monday, March 27, 2006

Whee :)

Okay...so I caved in tonight and phoned the boy again. I left him a voicemail message. I didn't intend to, but the machine picked up so quickly that I had to.

"Hi there...I'm calling for H__. It's Sadie calling. It's 10 after 10..I'm going to be up for a while, so if you get this message, give me a call at 555-CUTE. I'll look forward to hearing from you."

So I was happy with myself for leaving a message that didn't sound as moronic as it could have. But I was frustrated that I wasted my second phone call on the machine again. But more proud than upset. I was prepared to let it go--I've invested two calls, now it's out of my hands.

About 2 minutes later--when I was IMing a friend to tell her about my fit of courage--the phone rang. ARGH! So I answered it...a bundle of nerves and trepidation.

"Hello?"
"Hello, Sadie?"
"Yes, it's me."
"It's Robert, H__'s roommate."
"Uh...Hi?"
"I am calling because I had to tell you that I'm really sorry but I accidentally erased your message before. And I had no way to get a hold of you."
"Uh... That's okay."
"I just wanted you to know. H__ will be glad you called. He's out of town right now, but when he comes back, he'll be sure to call you."
"Um...thanks. I appreciate your calling to let me know."
"I just didn't want you to worry about him. He'll be really glad you called. He'll call you for sure when he gets home. I don't know his schedule, but I know he'll call you."
" Uh, okay. Thanks again. :) "

So...Hurrah! :) Now...if I could only figure out what his schedule is! :)

I feel so much less stressed out about this now. I also feel much less stupid and silly for obsessing about someone that I'd pretty much convinced myself wasn't interested. He may still not be, but somehow I doubt it. A GUY's roomie wouldn't trip over himself to save things with some girl that his buddy wasn't interested in. Well, I don't think so anyway. :) So. There. :)

I really AM amazing, it's not just hype. Now, if I can only stay sane until he gets back to town! *laugh* Happy Monday post-bonanza.

3 Comments:

  • that's so cute. and so high school and junior prom, that his roomie called you back and attempted to save your not-yet-a-relationship. oh, to have your life, just for a day.. to be crushing on someone, and having a bit of drama that does not involve a nine year old step-son calling me names and farting in a time out.

    *sigh*

    By Blogger chRistine, At Tue Mar 28, 07:49:00 am  

  • no, crushing on someone SUCKS. Haven't you been paying attention? I'd love to be in a nice safe relationship right now, if only so that I didn't get all tense and anxious every time the phone rings!

    By Blogger canadian sadie, At Tue Mar 28, 06:30:00 pm  

  • Thanks for commenting! David Wilcox was good but I was disappointed with his back-up musicians. They didn't put David in the light he deserved. When he played acoustic guitar by himself, he sounded great and grooved but his band brought him down unfortunately. However, he did get a standing O at the end which I couldn't understand. He had a kind audience.

    By Blogger Sean Hully, At Wed Mar 29, 12:24:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home