Cleaning house

Monday, May 29, 2006

One of those days.

Have you ever had one those days?  I’ve been having one of those months.

 

I’ve been trying to buy a car.  In fact, I BOUGHT a car.  Over the internet. (It’s not as scary as it sounds, stick around for details later in the rant.)  I bought a car almost 3 weeks ago.  Do I have it yet?  No.  Bleh.

 

So…as most of you may know, I’ve been BusGrrl for the last 4 months since the Festiva had a seizure.  The transmission seized, and in a true metaphor for life, would only go forward.  Put it in Reverse?  You go forwards.  Neutral?  Forwards.  Forward?  Whooo!  You got what you wanted.  So it was fine, if you could always find pull-through parking and you never had to do a 3 point turn.  I took it off the road, uninsured it, and moved on to the bus while I decided what to do.

 

I wanted a new car, but wasn’t very confident in my financial situation, so didn’t know if I could indeed AFFORD a new (to me) car.  I didn’t want another beater.  While I believe that your car is NOT a reflection of your true Self, and that it’s merely a manner of conveyance between the other interesting things in your life…I am tired of driving a student vehicle.  I wanted something GROWN UP.  I’m 35 years old, for Jeez sake, and I want something to reflect THAT.

 

So I started shopping.  I have expensive taste.  I also get my mind set on something, and nothing else will suffice.  So when I decided that I NEEDED a Jetta, it was game over for alllll the other cars in the world.  A Jetta it had to be.

 

A friend works for a Saturn dealership (I can’t check back to see if I’ve told this story yet, because I’m posting from work and have no interweb access) and got me a SMOKIN’ deal on a V-Dub through the online dealer’s auction.  The only catch being that I couldn’t test-drive it.  I had to commit to taking it if I bought it, because the Saturn dealership doesn’t want a V-Dub sitting on the lot gathering dust.

 

Fair enough.  They appear to have saved me about $5000 pre-tax thus far.  So I am NOT complaining.  Whinging, however, I most certainly am.  I shopped for several months—Autotrader, newspaper, local dealers, private sales…I shopped.  I searched.  I sought.  I researched.  I hemmed.  I hawed.  Then?  When Steven told me he’d found me a car?  I jumped alllll over that puppy.  White on rice.  Fat kid on Smartie.  Sadie on new car.  It was ugly.

 

But…that’s 3 weeks ago.  And I HAVE NO CAR.  It apparently FINALLY got delivered to the Saturn dealer last night about 6:00 pm.  It will have to be inspected and checked and tuned-up on Monday…then I can pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday.  Here’s hoping.  I’m SOOOO sick of the bus I can’t even begin to describe it.

 

So homey’s excited. J  I’m almost mobile again!  Hurrah!  No more mooching rides! 

 

 This post is brought to you by the lovely folks at ‘DRAFTS’ in my email.  Thankfully, my post to my super-private, ultra-secret, personal blog that was left up on the screen at work—was saved for me by the lovely folks at IT and the DRAFTS function of my email program.  And my anonymity is still safe!  Let’s hear it for the boys!

 

That is all. Now?  Back to your regularly scheduled blog-stalking.

 

 

 

 

 

1 Comments:

  • I've been considering getting another car too. I sold mine over 2 years ago now and have been doing fine on TTC. Like you though, I'm getting the itch for freedom and like you, want something nice. I was considering a VW Golf. Sounds like we're on the same page :) I hope your car shows up soon. It looks like a beauty.

    By Blogger Sean Hully, At Mon May 29, 09:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home