Cleaning house

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Long time no see.

Blogging is one of those things--the longer you don't do it, the less likely you are to do it. Kinda like working out.

I've been a very busy girl since last we met. I worked. I fested. I landed a date. I got another year older. I painted. I was a bad friend. I tanned. I'm a busy girl.

I'm also an unfocused girl. I can't seem to get my act together long enough to write anything down. I keep WANTING to...But every time I open up a new post, it sits there empty while I play Spider solitaire until my eyes bug out. I'm having a hard time comprehending that it's been a full week since I last posted. What a bad blogger I am. Incredibly boring to read, I'm thinking. Not that it's ever incredibly exhilarating, but even so, it's been a bad week.

It was my birthday yesterday. I turned 35. I'm no longer 'thirty-something', I'm middle-aged. :) Luckily, I'm okay with it.

We went out on Saturday night to celebrate. And I have to say? I looked freaking hot. All this gym time has begun to pay off. I got to wear a denim dress that has been in my closet (with the tags on!) for the last couple of years. I fit into it. It's a SIZE 6!!!!!! **there will be a slight delay while we wait for the gasping and cheering to subside**

So...I looked great. My girls Tamara and Lynn looked great. We went to the Lower Deck. I drank far too much. I had a GREAT time. I chatted to a lovely fellow who's originally from Saskatchewan. He's an engineer who's been living in Halifax for about a year and a half now. He recently bought a house in the North End. He came upstairs with us (and his neighbour) and danced. His buddy left, but he stayed to dance with me. We chatted, we danced. We did NOT smooch or grope. :) He asked for my number, and I said I'd only give it to him if he promised to call it. "I'll call."

So he did. We have a date for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, but I have to admit that I'm a little gun shy. We made plans for dinner, and apparently we're going someplace that requires RESERVATIONS. Pressure much? We've all seen how poorly I do with second dates. I'm hoping that we at least get the option of a second date!

Anyway...Heidi got possession of her new house on Monday afternoon, so I spent Monday and Tuesday evenings after work painting. Every room in the house except for one came in a shade of pink. There was the dusty-rose living room--complete with dusty-rose stripes painted into the stucco ceiling. There is a brilliant coral-pink master bedroom. The second bedroom is more bubblegum than anything else I could use as a descriptor. The hallway? Same dusty-rose as the living room--also with pink stripes on the stucco ceiling. The bathroom? Deep pink. The front room? Pale pink. The den is the only room that did not come in pink, and it was a combination of drywall compound and old cream coloured paint.

So there was a LOT of work to do. Today was my day off, I had intended to spend the whole thing painting at Heidi's. But I got a bit of a headache and slept for most of the day. Then, as it would take me 3 busses to get there, I kinda bailed. Which makes me an horrible person and a bad, bad friend. I'm aware of that. I suck. And I feel very bad about it. But not bad enough to go over and paint. I really needed the day of doing nothing. I needed to be BY MYSELF. I needed to not have to speak to anyone else, and to not have to be nice to other people. Does anybody else ever get that feeling? I get it a fair bit. Maybe it's just my working so closely with the public that does it. I have to be nice to people for 14 hours a day, whether I feel like it or not. Whether they deserve it or not. So sometimes? I just don't feel like it.

So...I started this post about 3 hours ago. I'm 2 hours past my bedtime. And I still don't want to go to sleep. I've had about a litre of orange juice. I've eaten half a bag of sunflower seeds. My tongue feels like sandpaper. And I'm still not sleepy. But I'm going to go to bed and try. Getting up in 4 hours isn't looking like a good time right now.

5 Comments:

  • HEY,... geez, your not a bad friend. you needed a day to yourself...that's normal AND deserved. If your friend doesn't understand that, then.. well, she's the one who is the bad friend. JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION!

    as for posting.... I do that all the time. Take days, weeks sometimes before I get to posting. but I figure, its my blog.. I can do what I want with it. I just won't ever delete it again... I missed it too much when its not there! lol

    have a great weekend!! and congrats on the size 6!! i'm very jealous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu May 04, 07:14:00 am  

  • heh.. good to see you're alive and kicking. how can the two girls who let a rabbit poo on the bed, and had crushes on boys with I LOVE SEX on their mirrored sunglasses be 35?

    doesn't seem right..

    By Blogger chRistine, At Thu May 04, 08:24:00 am  

  • It's good to use time for yourself so you can re-centre. Especially if you've been going strong like you say. I've been finding that out myself recently.

    By Blogger Sean Hully, At Tue May 09, 02:50:00 am  

  • You crack me up. Blogging IS like working out. Totally.

    Good to "see" you, though! I swear I saw you on IM one day and haven't seen you sense. Dang my spidy senses are off. I never log in at the right time.

    Anywho, major major congrats on the new body. DUDE. Rock. On.

    By Blogger Mrs. Flinger, At Wed May 10, 09:52:00 pm  

  • *checking in*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sat May 13, 11:43:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home