Cleaning house

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Blogstalking

Wow...I've wasted pretty much my entire afternoon blogstalking new blogs. I found a whole lot of new favourites. My favourites list is getting far too long. I think that rather than updating my sidebar, I'm going to have to figure out how to use the Blogroll or Technorati links. Stinking technical crap...I'm not looking forward to that. But I think that in the long run it'll be much easier than typing out all the individual links into my template.

I found a lot of blogs by singles from all over. Which is refreshing, considering that mostly what I read are 'mommy-blogs'. Not that I dislike them because if I didn't like it I wouldn't read it. I enjoy a lot of mommy-blogs. Mostly the ones where the mommy's don't forget that they're people too. But it's refreshing to find blogs of people that I seem to have a bit more in common with.

Strangely though, I don't have anything really in common with these people except that we're all equipped with borderline neuroses and an inability to find a mate. The anxious dating tales reassure me that I'm not the only one obsessing about the mixed signals men and women always manage to send one another. It reminds me that I'm not nearly as messed up as the rest of the world. And...it allows me to make my mistakes vicariously rather than first-hand. Because honestly? I'm no bar-ho.

I have been smooch-tastic lately, but even considering kissing two boys in a month--that's not a lot. There are girls out there that find new boys to smooch several days a week. I have a name for those girls and it's not flattering. I'm always afraid that I'll be tarred with the same brush as that with which I paint those girls. So I'm obsessively careful to not be trampy. Even though--sometimes? It'd just be hecka fun.

Today has been post-filled and you're not going to know what hit you. It's probably going to have to tide you over for a few days as I close both Monday and Tuesday. I have a gym-date with Heidi on Wednesday.

I've written off hooking up with Paul, as it's Sunday and he has not called to set up alternate arrangements for this week. I realize it's a long weekend and there could be family obligations, etc. But tough. I've determined that I'm not going to be all sloppy and needy like I was with Fly-boy. If he was interested, he'd have picked up the freaking phone. I much prefer my independent, confident self to the mush-filled, queasy, insecure version of myself. It's the one that I'm determined to embrace again.

BTW, have I mentioned that it's my birthday in 2 weeks? Yep. It's a Tuesday, and we're going out to drink ourselves into forgetting. Well, my friends are coming out for moral support.

I know I promised my liver some time off, but really--16 days should be lots of time to recover. Anybody want to join a bevy of beautiful girls on May 2 in downtown Halifax? It's the point when I officially become a cougar. God, I hate that idea. I'll no longer be 'thirty-something'--I'll be 'late thirties'. *{shudder}*

Time for bed. Must catch up on my sleep for the weekend, and catch up on my reading of poorly written smut. Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.


Have a happy week folks--I'm planning on it. :)

5 Comments:

  • Hello fellow Canuck! I know what you mean about blogstalking. I can spend a few hours... ahem ... moments just reading blogs and before I know it its late! Happy early Bday! Good to know there are blogs of singles out there that are not only in the states!

    By Blogger ~Moi~, At Sun Apr 16, 11:52:00 pm  

  • heh!

    we should live vicariously through one another! I can have the husband and family that you envy; and I can envy you your freedom, independence and quiet!

    By Blogger chRistine, At Mon Apr 17, 12:36:00 pm  

  • hehe, I see my french half is by for a visit... *funny*

    yeah, Mommy blogs.... I know what you mean. I find my Mommy blog to be quite boring most of the time. *sigh*

    But at the same time, I love to read other blogs that I have nothing in common with .. expanding my perception!! in a real isolated kinda way!!!
    ROFL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Mon Apr 17, 10:02:00 pm  

  • I like your mommy-blog, Lena! And honestly? It's not the kind of mommy-blog I meant. You actually remember that you have a personality all your own--'tis why you're on my list. :)

    I don't think you're boring, either. If I did? I wouldn't visit so often!

    By Blogger canadian sadie, At Mon Apr 17, 11:09:00 pm  

  • ahh, thanks!!
    (smiling proudly)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sat Apr 22, 11:05:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home