Cleaning house

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Better late than never?

I have been falling behind in my blogstalking--I got tagged for something and didn't even realize it...so now, a week later, I'm going to follow through.

I was tagged by Charles over at KissMyEntireAss.

If tagged, you need to post 6 things about yourself, and tag 6 more people.

So...

1. I'm a very poor housekeeper. I have better things to do with my time.

2. I'm a workaholic. I love my work, I love being at work, and I love being good at my job.

3. I've become somewhat of a man-magnet lately. I don't know what it is, but...Wowza! I'm liking it. I just wish it was people that I was actually interested in.

4. I have a short attention span--I hit 3 things and then had to walk away for a couple of hours to come up with 3 more.

5. I love to read. I'd rather read a terrible book than go out with friends. I get sucked into the story, obsess about the characters, and want to know what happens next MORE than I want to go out and create my own story. (This is true, even for books I have already read 4 or 5 times. I'm sick, I know.)

6. I love to kiss. A quote about kissing: "Kissing is a way of getting two people so close together than they can't see anything wrong with each other." (may not be exact, I can't be bothered to go and look it up. I don't know who ever said it.)

So there's my 6 things. I don't believe in these taggy things, because I look at them kind of like chain letters. However, if you'd like to play too--please feel free. (I'd be particularly interested in reading you, you, you, you, you, and of course--YOU.)

I am so very hungry. I really don't feel like cooking. Thanks be for precooked roasts. I have recently discovered this modern marvel, and by the gods, they're delicious. Far too pricey to feed a family, but for two people in a hurry? Amazing. And for me? I get at least 3 meals out of one. This is only my second one, but I'm already a fan.

*******

I don't know if any of you remember THIS phone call in my life. Well...Yesterday was an interesting evening. :)

Heidi called me up to see if I wanted to go out...And I did, because I'd had a really rather dull Friday night. So we decided on my happy place, and she came to pick me up to get ready at her place. I was already set when she came, so we just went there to drink. Sounds silly, but it saves $15 in cab fare if we start from her place instead of mine, even though I only live 5 or 10 minutes away.

Rob (her roomie/boyfriend/nemesis) was having some of his buddies in to drink before THEY headed downtown too. I really like Rob's friends--they're clever, and fun, and grown up. I like his friends a hell of a lot more than I like him. But that's a tale for another day.

So I was sitting drinking Corona and chatting with Paul (my Mc.Dreamy) and Dennis (we played board games once--he's the sexiest man I think I've ever met. Again, a tale for another day). We were all having a lovely time, the boys were headed to Pogue Fado and we were heading to The Lower Deck. Heidi and I bailed at 10 to head downtown.

At the bar, we were enjoying the band, and made some new friends. It's the friendliest place on earth, is the Lower Deck. The man to our immediate left was from Kitchener-Wloo who sells dog-tags for a living. He'd been in Halifax for some veterinary show. We also met another older man named Ron who reads palms. He read mine, so that was kinda fun. A load of hooey, but fun. :) He didn't like it that I was able to pick out 7 things about him without even touching his palm *grin* He found it quite spooky. I'm sure all the beer he'd had to drink didn't help much. :)

After a while, and several bathroom trips upstairs...Heidi was wanting to leave and go to the Pogue. I said no, I was having fun where we were, and why don't we just stay for a while? She went up to go to the bathroom, and came down again all happy and giggly. She had found Rob and the boys upstairs. Which was funny--because the only reason she'd wanted to leave was to see them.

So she went upstairs right away, and I stayed down for a bit and listened to the tail end of the band, and finished flirting with the engineer I'd just met. (He's just moved to Halifax this week--and he's very nice. If that matters to you.)

I went up, and commenced bantering indecently with Dennis. He's a brilliant man, who says the most outrageous things. Not wild, just things that people don't say out loud--but that they should. We had discussions about all kinds of things, including the difference between not acknowledging your own intelligence as being 'self-deprecating' or 'lying'. (his opinion was the former, but I called him on it, and then he realized that he was busted)

I haven't enjoyed a conversation as much since the first time I met him. We bantered, and laughed, and danced. "I think I'd like to sleep with you," he said. "Not that I'm hitting on you, but...I think that I'd really like to sleep with you."
"Thank you, that's a very nice thing to say." Thinking to myself, WOW. That's a remarkable thing to say. And very mutual. However. :)
"I'm really not hitting on you, because it wouldn't ever happen--but I thought you should know that I think I'd really enjoy that."
"*laugh* I appreciate that. It's not very PC, but I appreciate your actually saying so."
"You didn't just say 'PC', did you? Not 'Politically correct'?"
"I did."
"That's the first unoriginal thing I've ever heard you say. It's really beneath you."
"yes, well. These things happen. What else does one say when someone else's husband makes a statement like that? I'm appreciative, and I'm flattered, but...it's not terribly PC to respond in kind, now is it?"
"I see your point. Wanna dance?"

So yeah...fun times.

Anyway...back to the boy I had telephoned. He's back from his trip. He's over his relationship. And he's not allergic to coffee. Nor, apparently to me. So we chatted, and laughed, and shared the cab back to Heidi and Rob's...And held hands in the taxi, and he put his arm around me in the backseat while Heidi went into the store to pick up donairs. And he laughed because I was so impressed with the quick release wheels on his chair, and was happy because I asked if he wanted help up the hill without just reaching in to push. And after the food and music and chatting inside, we were sitting on the couch to talk, and he leaned in and kissed me. And I said, Wow. :)

I said that I had thought he wasn't interested, but that this appeared to be the opposite of not interested. He said "I was never not interested. I'm VERY interested. I was just trying to be honest about where I was at that point. I wasn't ready." I said, "Wow." (As you can see, I was terribly eloquent last night.)

So we were making out...And it was GOOD. And at one point I said, "We're going to get to do this again, right?" And he said, "If I have anything to say about it we are!" I laughed. We slept all snuggled up next to one another on the sofa. Uncomfortable, yet very comfortable all at once.

He drove me home this morning, which was nice. And trusted me to help with the steps on the deck without killing him. I was amazed--and very nervous! Anyway...He was sailing all day today, so we're likely going to hook up later this week. When we were talking before I got out of the van, he asked which building was mine (it's a condo complex, there's about 7 identical buildings) and I pointed it out. I also mentioned that my unit was on the ground floor, but was a major pain because there are 4 doors to get through to get to my apartment. He raised his eyebrow at me and grinned and said, "Well, maybe one day soon you can show me how much of a pain the doors are." "It would be my pleasure."

Anyway. Happiness abounds. And I'm about to have roast beef, which is the next best thing to sex in my book.

Happy Sunday, ladies and gentlemen.

7 Comments:

  • okay, two things:

    You were discussing the 'theoretical' concept of having sex with a married man?

    and

    the guy from the date is in a wheelchair? or am i reading it wrong?

    By Blogger chRistine, At Sun Apr 09, 11:02:00 pm  

  • apparently I'm typing it wrong. We weren't discussing theoretically having sex. We were discussing not having sex. Ever. Because homey don't play that.

    And yes, the date is in a wheelchair. He was in the paralympics for sailing. And he's freaking hot.

    By Blogger canadian sadie, At Sun Apr 09, 11:40:00 pm  

  • that is so cool, the paraolympics thing, not the 'talk about not having sex' thing.

    although, i must say,if i found out my husband was telling someone he would LIKe to sleep with him, even if he was qualifying that it would not happen, he'd probably still be in a whole whack of trouble. because, quite frankly, that sounds more like, "convince me" or "regret" on the man's part and i think i'd be pretty ticked off.

    but holy guy-magnet lately. yay!

    By Blogger chRistine, At Mon Apr 10, 08:53:00 am  

  • and if eating roast is better than sex:

    you are either a better cook than I am..

    or you are not getting very good sex lately.

    By Blogger chRistine, At Mon Apr 10, 02:06:00 pm  

  • It's easy for something to be better than nothing. Food for thought.

    By Blogger canadian sadie, At Mon Apr 10, 08:09:00 pm  

  • *chuckle*

    By Blogger chRistine, At Tue Apr 11, 03:06:00 pm  

  • awesome!!

    you know, its so very odd to read a blog of someone that I don't 'really' know.. but know all the spots you are talking about... haha...

    Anyway, I played your TAG!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Apr 11, 07:34:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home