Cleaning house

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Weary Wednesday

Yep, I'm the queen of the creative entry title.  So sue me.
 
Today was a long day of public transit.  I went in to work this morning, and got caught up on all the grief that came with the DM's visit yesterday.  He was apparently not in a fantastic mood.  Particularly in my departments--which I expected, as a result of our conversation last week.  But it stinks, nonetheless.  I'm actually quite relieved that I wasn't at the store.  Which isn't the right attitude to take, but there you have it.
 
I left the store at 12:40 to head downtown to my eye doctor.  I arrived at the mall at 1:58.  YIKES.  My appointment was for 2:15.  I went in on time, and the actual eye exam took probably only10 minutes.  The entire glasses selection process took over an hour.  I think I found a pair that I like, and a pair that I can turn into some sunglasses.  However, a billion dollars later--and I have no glasses.  I really need to think about this.  My plan only covers the first $250...so I think I may have to forgo the shades, much as I'd like to thave new ones.  So at 3:30 I was ready to head back to work.  The return trip took only an hour, so things were looking up.  My shift was scheduled to be over at 5:00 pm, so it was almost not worth going back to the store.  Bleh.
 
I did manage to buy a new backpack today while I was waiting for my appointment.  I've been looking for just over a month now, and haven't seen anything that I liked.  Today, I found two!  I had a really tough time choosing.  So I bought both.  I'm not sure which one I'm going to keep--I'll figure it out in the morning when it's time to get ready to leave for the store.  One's a red and white Roots backpack, with 3 compartments and shoe nets on the sides.  I really like it--it's big.  This is good, because it means that I can fill it with a whole lot of crap.  I also found an over the shoulder bag in two shades of blue.  I really like it.  It's what I was looking for, but it's for the wrong shoulder.  I really enjoy hanging my bag over my right shoulder, and this bag has to sit diagonally over my left shoulder.  The real benefit of this bag, is that it is NOT big.  It is fairly moderate sized.  This is good, because it means I can't fill it with a whole lot of crap.
 
Decisions, decisions.
 
I have some shit hitting the fan this week at work, we'll see if I come out unscathed.  Nothing that's really my fault, but stuff that I'll have to step up and own nonetheless.  I've got big shoulders, it shouldn't be a real concern.  But it still stinks anticipating the fallout. 
 
The weather today was phenomenal, and I felt like I was playing hookey on my way to the appointment.  I got to wander downtown enjoying the sunshine.  You didn't even need a jacket today, it was so unseasonably warm.  What a lovely afternoon to not be at work.
 
Lisa is selling her car and buying a new Nissan X-trail.  She's offered me her Cavalier, but I think it's a bit overpriced.  I'm not sure if I want it or not.  I'm not really tired of the bus yet...but I really miss my freedom.  It's a pain in the ass being such a mooch  all the time.  I hate asking people for rides, even though they seem to be very willing.  I don't mind driving people when I have my car, but I know that sometimes it's a real pain in the ass to have to take someone home when you just want to be home yourself.  Anyway...we'll see.  I need to figure out if I can come up with the cash by Friday or not too.  There's the rub!
 
Ah well--time for bed.  Gotta get up and do paperwork for a couple of hours before work. 
 
G'night folks.   
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home