Cleaning house

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Remote Posting

I've had a good day at work today, even though I overslept and got up a little bit late.

I didn’t make it to bed last night until after 1:00, as I didn't get back in from playing pool until after midnight. I then had to post, babble at Rob, and eat.

The sucky part about eating better, and not having crap in your house—is that when you’re having a moment of personal stress and REQUIRE a cookie, you don’t have one. In fact, you don’t have anything except some leftover Easter candy that you didn’t want in the first place. So I had a cup of green tea, and went to bed. Which was better for me in the long run, but it was still not as satisfying as a good, old-fashioned, comfort eats would have been. *Grin*

I have been feeling so much better about myself and my health lately though, that I am quite pleased that I didn’t have any crap to eat.

I’ve been getting to the gym on a regular basis, and have been staying longer and longer when I attend. I have really started to ENJOY my trips to the gym. It’s crazy, I know. I have even noticed that my body has started to tone up a bit more. Moreover, I’ve noticed that my abs, buried as they are under an extra 20 lbs of fat, are much more toned and they have even begun to show some definition.

Boggles the mind. Now that I have seen results, I’m not nearly so quick to break down and walk to the store for chips or cookies. That’s not to say, though, that I’ve completely cleaned up my act. I’ve had a Harvey's hamburger for lunch twice this week already, and it's only Wednesday. I washed it down with a salad and some water--but I still had the hamburger. I referred to my meal choices as "a salad and a side-hamburger". I don't feel bad about eating the burgers though, because of the exercise.

Yesterday night I skipped the gym because of the planned outing. I felt bad about it while I was doing it. And today? Because I overslept, I didn’t get to go to the gym before my close shift. I am going to get up early tomorrow though and go before work. I feel so much better when I exercise. And now? I want to be freaking buff for the summer. There is a hella long way to go, but I’m determined. And I know that I can do it.

It may actually mean eliminating beer though, and I don’t think I’m prepared to make that kind of sacrifice yet! We shall see. J

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home