Cleaning house

Saturday, July 29, 2006

doh.

So...the battle of the wireless router has been fought...and lost.

Apparently, you need to have a computer permanently attached to the router in order to provide wireless service for a SECOND computer. Freaking stupid, if you ask me.

The good news, is that I still have my ancient dinosaur of a computer that I can plug in to the router so that I can use my wireless connection on my laptop. The bad news, is that I have to keep my ancient dinosaur of a computer, and I have to keep it plugged in someplace. I understand that I will NOT have to have the computer turned on in order for this to work...but that may not turn out to be true. We shall see.

Freaking stupid. Both me AND the wireless router manufacturers. Fwah

3 Comments:

  • Hmm, are you sure? Seems to me that you set up / configure your router on the laptop, then you're free to unplug. Then again, it's Saturday night and I've had two beers and I'm into the scotch. So, I could be mistaken. ;)

    By Blogger themikestand, At Sat Jul 29, 08:28:00 pm  

  • oh.my.god. you make me laugh. and btw, i'm waiting my mailbox but it has yet to do anything interesting.

    you should call me, or be home when i call you. i have cool/shocking gossip.

    oh, and.. um.. 29 year olds?

    By Blogger chRistine, At Mon Jul 31, 08:33:00 am  

  • Why the hell not? I was having issues...but then I decided...yeah. When better than NOW? Certainly not 10 years from now...when I'll be far too wrinkly to be of any interest to them. :)

    Besides...the musician? He's only 25. 29 seems almost ancient by comparison. ;)

    By Blogger canadian sadie, At Tue Aug 01, 01:52:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home