Cleaning house

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hmm.

Well, it's been a while. I have done a lot of stuff, and met a lot of people.

Two weekends ago, I went to Ginger's with Joanne, and Heidi, and some folks from work to see Matt's band play. It was good. Heidi stayed at Ginger's then went home. Joanne and I went to the Deck.

At the deck, we met up with Paul, Rob, and Paul's brother Chuck. We danced up a storm, then went to Cheers for more dancing. At the end of the night, I hooked up with Paul....we had a GREAT time.

We talked about (a bit, anyway!) how things were weird between us...because there was obvious tension. He said he's always liked me, but that he just wasn't up for a relationship. I asked him exactly what gave him the impression that *I* wanted a relationship from him? I suggested (quite suggestively, I think!) that perhaps that was a decision he should either let me make for myself, or he should at least ASK me about. His jaw dropped several times, and several notches. It was amusing.

And the smooching!!! OH MY GOD! So good. The boy's got some stuff to learn about what parts go where and quite how firmly that should happen...but yikes. All in all? GREAT evening.

The next morning, he drove me to my car, and we talked and talked, and it wasn't even remotely awkward in the light of day. When I was getting out of the van, Paul leaned in and hugged me, and gave me a VERY wonderful kiss. I said, "this was fun--we should do it again sometime." He giggled and said "Definitely!" It was a great weekend. :)

Then this week was a good week...busy at work, because we had a VERY bad inspection the last day of my vacation--so it meant a lot of 16 hour days...I was tired.

Saturday night, I went out with Lynn and Heidi and Randy and his sister Lori. We went to the Argyle for Melissa's (cash supervisor) going away party. A ton of folks from the store were there. After a while, Lynn, Randy, Lori and I went to Cheers. Then we drank faaaar too much and danced up a storm. Randy left partway through to meet up with some of the girls, but Lynn and Lori and I danced until the bar closed. :) I met a really nice guy named Dan who just moved here from Burlington. *grin*

We went for pitas after, and I gave Dan my number. He called me today, and we're meeting for a drink after work on Friday night. He did also let out during the conversation on the phone though, that he's just coming out of a 13 year relationship. Yikes.

Anyway...busy times. And I have to work in the morning.

I'm sorry I've been such a slacker. I've been wasting my time on POF chatting with wankers. I'm going back to the old fashioned way, where I meet drunks in bars and stress out about not knowing how to get a second date. :) At least then the first dates are with people I think I MIGHT want to meet--or maybe even see again! :) POf has introduced me to tons of new people, some of whom I've made good friends out of...but for the most part? Wankers. Weirdos and wankers.

Night folks--I'll do better. I promise. Or I'll at least figure out how to get a Notifylist for Blogger! :)

p.s. I've been reading ALL of you, and commenting...but not posting. I'm so horrible.

3 Comments:

  • here i am, stressing about how to discipline a psychotic nine year old for stealing and hands on, while you are dancing and drinking your life away in halifax.

    i'd like to have a vacation in your life for a week. not the kissing and smooching and all that, but definitely the fun.

    By Blogger chRistine, At Thu Jul 20, 08:22:00 am  

  • Try bloglines! ;)

    Oh, and hi. (since I haven't commented before.)

    By Blogger themikestand, At Thu Jul 20, 09:13:00 am  

  • Oooh - Is Dan from Burlington, ON? I grew up there. Wonder if I'd know him?

    By Blogger Jan, At Thu Jul 20, 12:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home