Cleaning house

Friday, June 30, 2006

It only gets better...

Warning: This post is filled with bad words. You don't like it? Piss off now. I'm mad. Suck it up.

(this will also fill in the details on a lot of the 'car-stuff' that I had go on prior to getting the new wheels. If you have questions, feel free. I'm bitter and I'm happy to spew.)

saraheisme (2:47:40 PM): stupid fuckers at the insurance company cancelled my policy because they said they didn't receive proof of my licence reinstatement...which I took in BY HAND and gave the the head fucker.
saraheisme (2:48:03 PM): I also faxed 2 copies to the subordinate fuckers, which they claimed to not receive...which is why I took one in myself.
saraheisme (2:48:18 PM): so they sent me
sarah says:
saraheisme (2:48:18 PM): so they sent me a nasty voicemail, and a letter to the DMB.
saraheisme (2:48:20 PM): v.
saraheisme (2:48:44 PM): which just in turn sent ME a letter saying that if I didn't provide proof of insurance pronto, they were going to cancel my drivers license again.
sarah says:
saraheisme (2:48:47 PM): Fuckers.
saraheisme (2:48:54 PM): also, I got short paid by $600 today.
saraheisme (2:48:58 PM): 'an oversight'
saraheisme (2:49:04 PM): which will, in turn, bounce my rent.
saraheisme (2:49:14 PM): "We'll add it onto your next pay--that'll be alright won't it?"
saraheisme (2:49:17 PM): no, no it won't.
Scott @ ..... says:
:-O
sarah says:
saraheisme (2:49:17 PM): no, no it won't.
saraheisme (2:49:39 PM): address my next pay to the cardboard box in the front parking lot, wouldja?
saraheisme (2:49:50 PM): I won't be sleeping in my CAR, because my CAR payment will likely also bounce.
saraheisme (2:49:59 PM): but since i will have no insurance, nor a license, it won't matter.
saraheisme (2:50:10 PM): ...that's why. :)
Scott @ ..... says:
holy fuck
sarah says:
yep...good times.
sarah says:
fuckers.
sarah says:
anyway. )
sarah says:
it does put a wrinkle in my weekend plans, that's for certain.
sarah says:
I"m just glad I didn't decide to drive to Ontario after all.
sarah says:
I just jumped through so many stupid hoops last month to get a piece of bullshit sorted out that shouldn't have happend in the first place, that this all just ices the freaking cake.
Scott @ ..... says:
weird
sarah says:
how's that?
Scott @ ..... says:
I don't understand the car problems
sarah says:
they're a little complex. I had a bunch of bullshit that resulted after my moving to Halifax. I had two cars, and left one in Saint John.
sarah says:
I got pulled over and had the wrong insurance in the car. I got a ticket for failure to produce. so i took in the insurance to the police the next day, they marked my ticket as cancelled and said "have a nice day"
Scott @ ..... says:
right
sarah says:
yeah...I thought everything was cool.
sarah says:
I still had my NB license, never changed it.
sarah says:
I went to buy this car, and went in to change my DL.
Scott @ ..... says:
have 30 days to change yer license
sarah says:
yeah, well...I didn't.
Scott @ ..... says:
yea
sarah says:
I also stopped driving for about 5 months, so it wasn't a big deal.
sarah says:
I was still insured in NB, and my car was registered there...things were fine.
sarah says:
So.
sarah says:
went in to change my license over, and found it had been CANCELLED.
sarah says:
because the fucker at the police station didn't do anything other than mark my copy of the ticket cancelled. They didn't do anything in the computer to show that I'd given them proof of insurance.
sarah says:
so.
Scott @ ..... says:
man o man
sarah says:
I went to the courthouse to try and get this sorted out...
sarah says:
yeah, it was a long, stressful saga.
sarah says:
which was supposedly sorted out. Until today.
sarah says:
um...where was i...it's still crazy from here.
sarah says:
had to go to the courthouse to get a court date to prove i had insurance at the time...my date is in two weeks from now. Earliest I could get.
sarah says:
but I'd already committed to the car. It was sitting at the dealership waiting for me to pick it up.
Scott @ ..... says:
jesus
sarah says:
and since it was a buddy who had kinda put himself on the line to get me such a great deal, I couldn't just say "Oops, changed my mind...I'll be back in 6 weeks"
sarah says:
so I had to find a way around it.
sarah says:
I found that if I could get proof of insurance, teh DMV could lift the suspension
sarah says:
but the insurance company wouldn't give me insurance without proof from the DMV
sarah says:
so that took a day and a half of going back and forth between the two. Which is no fun on the bus.
sarah says:
because it takes an hour to get from one end of town to the other.
sarah says:
And I was too scared to drive, becasue I'd been lucky enough to not get pulled over for a year and a half....with my luck, I'd get in an accident or get pulled over and go to jail. :)
sarah says:
so...finally, got all the paperwork done...the insurance people would issue, but only as a high-risk policy.
sarah says:
which took my 6* rating (perfect) and my $800/year policy to $3600/year.
sarah says:
payable in advance.
sarah says:
"oh, and we don't take cheques"
sarah says:
...or cash.
sarah says:
so I had to take the money out of hte bank machine in small increments, go to the post office and purchase several money orders to pay the insurance folks.
sarah says:
a couple of days later, everything was sorted out.
sarah says:
until today. :)
Scott @ ..... says:
haha
Scott @ ..... says:
wow
sarah says:
and today, they also shorted my pay by almost $600 'by accident'
sarah says:
because I can afford that.
sarah says:
anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home