Cleaning house

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Interview me-me-me-me!

So in the spirit of a twisted Meme, the CF sent me these interview questions last Tuesday. But since I'm a slowpoke, you just now get some replies. I'll do my best to make sure that the replies are logical…but I can't vouch for their accuracy! You've been warned.

1. if you could only be remembered for one thing, what would you like it to be?

I'd like it to be for my friendly personality, and my kind nature. I don't know if either of these things are true, but I'd really like them to be. People do often accuse me of being too cheery, perky, or chipper. I'm also often accused of being polite and thoughtful. Accursed disposition. (Thanks to my parents, because I couldn't be any other way even if I tried.)

Heck, if we're getting down to what I'd LIKE? I'd really like to be remembered as graceful. Nobody has ever, in my entire life, used the word graceful to describe me. And I'd like that.

  1. what is the one memory that truly makes you squirm?

I don't know if I've got a specific memory that makes me squirm. I have a VERY short memory, so if I don't write it down, it didn't happen. This is a good thing, because quite often I can blot out memories that are less than stellar.

I think that for me, personal confrontation is the one thing I dislike more than anything. And not just interacting with people, but with things pertaining to my own private life. I deal with confrontation for a living, so I'm good at it. I'm very good at diffusing tense situations and dealing with problems face-on--Unless they're MY problems. Then I avoid them, and do everything humanly possible to evade having to discuss them. So I'd have to say that my squirmiest memories are all to do with the demise of doomed relationships. I HATE-HATE-HATE having to 'have a talk'. I HATE having to bring things up that are bothering me, or things that need to be 'dealt with'. I don't like the awkwardness of feeling exposed and emotionally vulnerable. I don't like having to give up the power and control that is necessary to resolve relationship issues.

3. if five of your closest friends were each asked to describe you in one word, what would those five words be?

I don't honestly know if I've even GOT 5 close friends. I have a ton of acquaintances…and a lot of people who consider ME to be a close friend…but I don't know if I have 5 people I consider that close.

Friendly. Forgetful. Smart. Efficient. BUSY.

4. if you could tell any one person a particular thing, what would that thing be? include the person if you want

I generally DO tell people things. Except when I'm avoiding confrontation. But. I'd tell one of my co-workers to stop projecting his emotions onto me. I'd tell him that I'm never going to date him, and he needs to stop thinking that it's ever going to be a possibility. I'd tell the snarky busy-body at work that she's an evil cow, nobody likes her, and she's really bad at her job. I'd tell random people a lot more often that I care about them, and that I love them. I'd tell my family about my secrets. I'd tell my dad I'm disappointed in how he's treated my mother. I'd tell my mother I'm disappointed that she lets him treat her that way. I'd tell myself to smarten the hell up and do something with my life NOW, because you don't get that many more tomorrows. Mostly? The last one. I'd tell myself, if I thought that I'd listen.

5. what draws you back to any particular blog?

The stories. I love stories. I'm an innately nosey person. I want to know what's going on in your life. I want to know what you had for supper. I want to know how you dealt with your ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend when you bumped into them at the grocery store. I want to know about your pretty new shoes. I want to know how you manage, time after time, to be so damned FUNNY. I wish I was that funny, witty, clever, INTERESTING. You all keep me coming back.


If you're interested in being 'interviewed', drop me a line in the comment box and I'll try to come up with 5 unique questions for you to answer. Thanks very much to the Copasetic Fish for this little bit of fun. I really enjoyed it. Almost as much as I enjoy reading about all of you!



7 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger chRistine, At Sun May 06, 10:28:00 pm  

  • interview me. i bet you'd come up with some great questions.

    By Blogger chRistine, At Sun May 06, 10:29:00 pm  

  • and it was me who deleted that comment. i apologize for any issues resulting.

    By Blogger chRistine, At Sun May 06, 10:30:00 pm  

  • Thanks for telling me, it would have driven me wild not knowing. :)

    By Blogger canadian sadie, At Sun May 06, 11:07:00 pm  

  • Polka dots. Hues of rusty browns and greens and a stripey wedge heel. They're a little much, I know with the dots and the stripes, but really, my feet are very, very happy.

    By Blogger mist1, At Mon May 07, 12:37:00 pm  

  • Sure.. toss me five.. my blog has been kinda quiet of late...

    And if you wouldn't mind tossing 5 out to Elle while you're at it, I'm sure she would be gratefull. She wanted 5 from me, but after I did a half-dozen of these, I found it was getting difficult to tailor questions for people I actually knew and told them all I was done.

    By Blogger James Lindsay, At Mon May 07, 02:40:00 pm  

  • Well, if you're not too busy, I'd be interested to see what you'd come up with for me. And as ever, I would of course answer everything as honestly as is possible! It's fine if you're mad busy though, too. And I do appreciate I am a bit late asking.

    By Blogger badgerdaddy, At Thu May 10, 11:36:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home