Cleaning house

Friday, January 27, 2006

They call me The Count...

Soooooo tired.

I've worked 4 days this week with shifts of 15 hours or longer. I spent my entire day off on Tuesday sleeping--waking at 1:20 pm. 11 hours of sleep. Soooo tired.

With the big renovation coming up, I've had a ton of planning and organizing to do. I've been trying to get my departments ready for our annual inventory this weekend. I've been trying to cover my departments which are hugely understaffed. I've been busy.

I have a rather involved rant about piss-poor planning and a lack of communication at work. I have unexpressed emotions about my boss and his inability/unwillingness to commit to any particular course of action. I am, quite frankly, stressed out and cranky.

But more than that, I'm sleepy. So you don't have to read the rant until tomorrow--possibly even Sunday. Maybe by then, I'll be over it and less keyed up. But I doubt it.

Tomorrow is another 16 hour day, as I start work at 6:30 am, and the inventory counting goes until 10:00 pm. We start again at 7:00 on Sunday morning, and count widgets until we are finished widgeting. It's two days jam-packed with fun and excitement. Don't you wish you could come and play too?

One....One beautiful widget. Two....two beautiful widgets. Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

I didn't think so.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home