Cleaning house

Saturday, February 11, 2006

New Post



Hey there--

I've missed you all, but not so much as I've missed my bed.

So here is a post. No excuses for not posting, merely the explanation--"RENOVATION". Expect another two weeks of slip-shod posting and perfunctory excuses.

You want to see irony? Check this out.

Hmm...It's my first attempt at inserting a photo, so forgive me if it sucks. It appears to take up all the room in my entire post. Bleh. I'll get better. Or not.

Work's been crazy. I'm exhausted. I got into a 'discussion' with my boss on Friday...I told him to STOP giving me new tasks and to STOP sending me new helpers, and to STOP getting in my way if he wanted to me ever finish his renovation. I said "I'm tired, and I'm cranky, and you are contributing to increasing my stress-level. You need to STOP." It was actually quite funny, but borderline mutiny.

Today Lisa let me come in to work late, so I got to sleep in. I did a load of laundry, washed some dishes, and actually went to the grocery store. I bought food, like a REAL PERSON for the first time in weeks. I was so excited.

It was so nice...Even taking the bus in to work was pleasant. I made my connection bang on time, and was at work a half hour earlier than I was expected. I had time to sit in the lunch room and drink a coffee and chat with some of the students for a bit. It always makes me happy to do this, because it's a nice relaxing start to my shift, and it keeps me in touch with what's going on around the store. I really enjoy being thought of as 'the cool' manager. I'm the only one that gets invited on all the pub crawls. I get invited to a lot of stuff--sometimes I go to put in an appearance, but I don't drink when I'm there. I like being invited, but I can't risk there being any wild stories floating around gossip-central. But it's nice that they like me enough to keep asking. :)

One of the part-time cash supervisors said the funniest thing I've heard in a long time tonight. Here's an excerpt of our conversation:

ME: Let's hurry up and get out of here. Sadie's tired and wants to go to bed!

HIM: Allen's thirsty and wants to get downtown! I'm planning on DRINKING tonight--as in, far-too-much!

ME: *chuckle* Sounds fun!

HIM: Yep...Find a girl whose had too much to drink...."Hey honey--how do you feel about using some bad judgement and making some mistakes tonight?"

ME: ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!

HIM: yep--and if they say, "What the hell are you talking about? Get away from me!" I say, "Here, have another drink!"

ME: *snort*guffaw*chuckle*snicker*(etc.)

Yes...That's comedy. The funniest part, is he's a completely sweet guy that would never DO that, but would joke about it forever. He'd be more likely to intervene and prevent some drunken girl from making the mistake in the first place. *snicker* Poor kid.

So I got a phone message tonight from Dom--he wants to move in sooner than Thursday, if possible. I'm SO not ready. But I SO need the cash. Fwah. So tomorrow, after my 8-4 stint at the store, I'm going to have to come home and really haul ass to get this room cleared out. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the computer hook-up until Eastlink shows up. Hopefully Dom's still got Thursday off from the restaurant, as I booked the cable guy last week. I won't have a day off for 14 days, so I can't wait for them. Bleh.

Oh well, this too shall pass. Time for me to go drink some more water before bed, then get my self to sleep. I'll be back tomorrow night while I'm trying to avoid moving boxes and furniture. Happy weekend. :)

4 Comments:

  • that picture is hysterical. "I am suffocating my child to death in the womb, but I'm worried about some hammering down the street. I. AM. STUPID." She could put Joe the Canadian out of business.

    ahahahah

    By Blogger chRistine, At Mon Feb 13, 07:28:00 am  

  • Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Love the opening picture. I too am worried that her unborn child will be affected by the sound of jackhammers ... amongst other things.

    By Blogger LoriLoo310, At Mon Feb 13, 02:29:00 pm  

  • LMAO! I bet she left her beer on the hall table!!LMAO!

    By Blogger -LGirl-, At Tue Feb 14, 02:09:00 pm  

  • Sadie, thanks for visiting my blog, I've finally got round to adding you to my links list. Love your blog and that picture is either extremely funny or extremely sad!

    By Blogger Wossername, At Sun Feb 19, 04:28:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home