Cleaning house

Monday, September 25, 2006

My peeps.

...I was told just a little bit ago on YM, that I was letting 'my people' down by not posting regular updates as to my dating life.

Yikes. What pressure!

I know I haven't kept you posted (oh, pun...Didn't see it coming, I swear) lately...i.e. For the last month. And there have been a lot of developments. Which I will do my best to fill you in on...But it's going to be point form, folks. The fact that I'm tired, combined with my sieve-like memory, means that there are bound to be a lot of holes in the storyline and in the chronology. So bear with me.

Labour Day Weekend-- I went camping at Kejimkujik National Park. Bill came with me. He met me down there on Friday night, and we stayed until Monday. Heather and Nathan came down on Saturday and stayed over until Sunday. There was FREEZING cold weather, so there was unexpected snuggling. (I have to admit, I was HOPING for snuggling, but didn't EXPECT it at all, as I was not about to initiate!) Then the snuggling led to smooching. Which was pretty good, to be honest.

Monday of Labour Day weekend, I slammed my thumb in the trunk of my car. There was much swearing. I am still waiting for the nail to grow itself off. I took its photo, but it's not very clear, I'm afraid. I also cannot manage to upload it for some unknown reason. Suffice to say, it's not terribly pretty. Good thing I don't place a lot of store in manicures and the like, else I'd cry myself to sleep every day for three months.

So...Then...Not a whole lot. I had some letting down of Crazy to complete. We still chatted on the phone a bit, and drank a bit of coffee...But it was clear that it was going nowhere fast. I IM'd Bill every day, as we've been doing for 3 months now. But we didn't talk about the smooching...Just how freaking cold it had been. We kinda talked AROUND the smooching.

Um...Then...(fuzzy)...I had Bill over for supper a week and a half after we were camping? About that...It was a Sunday afternoon anyway. I baked a pie. He impressed me. He took off his hat at the dinner table. I know, it really isn't that big a thing. Except that IT IS.

I work with teenagers and they wear their stupid ballcaps into job interviews. And this boy wore his hat to my house. Which was fine. He wore it while he watched me cook and we made conversation. He wore it while he peeled the potatoes. He wore it while we watched TV after supper...But he took it off without being asked when we sat to the table. And that made me feel good. What a lovely, respectful, old-fashioned boy. :) *{melt}*

So yeah..Watching TV....No smooching. No hand holding. No nothing. So he said he needed to go home soon...So I convinced him to watch to the end of the show, then I gave him the boot. At the door, it was slightly awkward. He leaned in kind of expectantly...I was relieved and smooched him. It was good. :)

On IM after he got home, I said "well, maybe next time it won't be so awkward" and he seemed shocked to reply "You found it awkward?" I just pointed out that I wasn't sure if I should shake his hand, or pat him on the back and say "see ya later, bud!" or smooch him. But that I'd figured it out, and then it was just fine. :)

So...We talked a little and determined that it was a pretty good thing.

We went out for drinks the Thursday after the supper. We went to the Celtic Corner. It was fun. We enjoyed the music, the beverages, and the conversation. I dropped him off at his front door and we smooched a bit in the car...He invited me up. I knew I shouldn't, but I did. Hell, you only live once...Why not smooch a little? :) So...Yeah...We were up really late. I didn't work the next morning, but he did. I stayed there...Neither of us got any real sleep, but we smooched a LOT. We both slept in our clothes (see? Smooching can sometimes just be...Vigorous smooching...I swear!)

He went home that weekend, and I can't remember what I did. I did something. I'm sure it was fun. :)

This past weekend, we went out on Friday. We went to dinner, and then out to The Old Triangle for drinks. We each had a fair number. We cabbed to his house, where I stayed. Again, vigorous smooching ensued. This time, a little more vigorous. But still, relatively PG. Well, not PG...But definitely not quite R.

So...Yeah. I like him a lot. Some of you may recall that he smokes. But he's working on quitting.

We like the same music. We laugh at the same jokes. He's interested in politics. He found it hilarious (as did I) that Karzai made fun of Bush Jr. During his visit to Washington. He didn't mock me for listening to a one hour special on salt (yes, salt) when I picked him up on Friday night.

He gently sweeps the hair off my face while I'm "sleeping". He stares at me with the most contented little grin. He gives me the happiest, tightest squeezy hugs. He's so gentle and so not. He made me a toasted tomato sandwich for breakfast. :)

Smitten. That's me. But much as I'm not into the whole playing games thing, I'm going to play it a lot cooler from here on out. I've done the whole "You only live once, make sure he knows where you stand" bit. Now, it's up to him to let ME know where he stands. So yeah. No more first moves here. I'll patiently bide my time and wait for Mister Shy-guy to make HIS intentions known.

So yeah...That's what I've been up to, people. Hope it's enough of a fill-in for you. :) I'll provide more details as they become relevant...Or as I remember them.

It feels good to be back. I've missed you-all, and I've missed this.

2 Comments:

  • A great update! Thank you. We (I) missed you.

    Also... the Frootique? Celtic Corner? Sounds not unlike my day-to-day travels. Our paths may cross from time to time. Kinda fun to think about.

    By Blogger themikestand, At Mon Sept 25, 10:14:00 am  

  • here i am, wondering how to handle my child being contacted at his school VIA POSTCARD by someone who is NOT supposed to be having any contact with him.. and you're out drinking and smooching, and most importantly: NOT RAISING SOMEONE ELSE's KID.

    i'm so jealous.

    By Blogger chRistine, At Mon Sept 25, 05:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home