Cleaning house

Thursday, August 24, 2006

My uber-long Long Weekend Post.

So it's Wednesday, and it was my first day back at work after a 4 day weekend. I must say, my mini-holiday was a lovely treat. Except for the crappy parts, but even the crappy parts were okay.

A lot has been going on. First off today, I'd like to give a shout-out to the new people who have been linking me. I appreciate it. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I just checked my 'referrals' on my statcounter yesterday? And I found that there a number of you that I didn't even know existed! Say hi sometime, wouldja? Anyway. That's out of the way, now we can move on. Just know, you're very welcome. Until I get all self-conscious and shy. *snicker* Yeah, that's likely to happen.

Friday night, I went dancing at the Dome with Keith. You may not know Keith, as I've been really quite slackerly in my attempts to keep you all up to date with the major players in this little drama which is my life. I met Keith a few weeks ago at the Lower Deck when I went down there with Rachel and her friend (for Rachel's birthday). Keith is from London, England. He's a nice boy, and his older friends ditched him, leaving him in our capable hands.

Rachel's friend bailed on us, leaving me, Rachel, and Keith at Cheers unattended. I managed to score Rachel a packet of smokes from an accomodating fellow (I did NOT ask him for them--I simply told him I was looking to bum some for a friend) and she went off to the smoking room. Keith and I went downstairs to the Dome to dance. And it was FUN. Just dancing, and innocent, but so much fun. I haven't danced to house/trance/dance music like I meant it in a long time. So the three of us went for fries, then we dropped Keith home and I gave him my card and we went home ourselves.

Fast forward a couple of weeks. Keith and I had emailed, and he called me this past week to see if I wanted to go dancing again. I was bored on Friday, and all the girls were busy with their boys or their I called him up, and we went to the Dome again. It was a hoot, but I've never felt so old in my life. 19 sure doesn't look like it did when WE were that age. And do these girls not have mothers?! Anyway...we had a blast. I took him home, drank water in his super-lush, all expenses paid apartment, and went home myself. FUN. Innocent. Great times.

Saturday I was supposed to go to Tamara's aunt's camp (cottage to all you non-maritimers) overnight...but it was going to be all couples, so I bailed. At 6:00, I went down to the Deck with Lynn to meet up with Samantha, Sarah F. and Catherine for Sam's birthday. The girls are all kitchen designers, except Lynn. We were just planning to have a couple drinks on the patio, listen to some tunes, and be home early.

At some point, Lynn and I came to the mutual agreement that we'd drink MORE, then split the cab to her house and come back for my car tomorrow. This was a good plan, until her boyfriend called around 9 pm. We had moved inside at this point, because it was cold. Lynn called Stew back, and they had a fight about her being Out without him. Anyway. She came back, stopped drinking, and was sulky. Which was okay, because while I figured she'd leave early, the other girls were still there.

Bill came down to meet up with us, and I found him outside and brought him in to meet and sit with the girls. He and Sam went outside to share smokes, and were gone about 15 minutes or so. Once they came back inside, it was about 11:00 pm. They hadn't been inside 5 whole minutes, and I had my head turned saying something to Bill, when the girls ALL stood up and said "Yep! We're going home now." Lynn stood and said "Hey, Catherine? I'm going to catch a ride with that okay?" and they were GONE.



I turned to Bill, looking bewildered and confused. "I may be wrong, as this has never happened to me...but I think I just got ditched."

"You mean they all LEFT? Like for Real? Where'd they go?"


"What?! Really? And left you here? Your friends SUCK."

I couldn't even argue with him.

So yeah. I got ditched. The good news is that I had someone to sit with! We went outside to listen to the band. We wandered a bit before we came to the decision that we were fine on our own, and that since there were two of us with cars, only one needed to drive. I volunteered, so Bill beveraged. We met up with Keith (Who I'd seen earlier, but assumed he was with his own friends) who joined up with us as he was on his own. We had a blast...well, they did...mocking me mercilessly about getting ditched!

We stayed until the band was done, met a ton of new people, and had a lot of fun. Keith wanted to dance, Bill wanted to beverage, and I was starting to get an headache. So we decided to go to Maxwell's for a drink and decide what to do from there.

With each progressive step, my headache got worse. By the time we were at Maxwell's, I had a full-on raging migraine. I sat and sipped my water while the boys had a drink. I could barely keep my eyes open. If I'd had a grapefruit spoon, I'd have gladly gouged out one of my own eyes in order to distract myself from the throbbing pain behind my temples. (Aside: Bill, unasked, went to the bar and asked for some Tylenol--they didn't have any, but it was incredibly thoughtful nonetheless)

The boys decided to part ways, and allow me to go home. Keith walked home (only 6 blocks or so) which made me feel guilty for not driving him, but not guilty enough to go the other way and argue with my head feeling as it did.

I then drove Bill to his new place over in Darkness. My curiousity got the better of me, so I went in to see it. It's adorable. TINY, but cute. He had no furniture yet except two desk chairs. I sat in one, and nearly passed out from my headache.

He offered me some floor, and all the blankets....but I just wanted to be home, IN MY BED, unconscious. So I headed for home after oohing and ahhing appropriately over the new digs.

I don't know how I managed to drive home, honestly, as my head was hurting so much that I could barely keep my eyes open. When I did get home? It even hurt to put my head on my pillow.

When I woke up on Sunday? No more headache. It was a bit bizarre, all told. Anyway.

Sunday....what did I do on Sunday? Can't recall. Ah yes. Watched a movie with Andrew on Sunday night. And he finally gave me some indication that he IS indeed a real boy! Yeah. So...smooching. He's a great kisser, and while I love me some good smooching...I'm not so attracted physically. And he's WAY out of practice and uncomfortable with the boy-girl stuff. So...we'll see where it goes. off. Sleep, sleep, and more sleep.

A lot of post-stalking of my new Oklahoman pal, OJ. He's funny as hell, and very clever. Met him on POF through his witty and sarcastic posts in the forums.

For the record, I've got my profile hidden, and am not actively meeting new people. I'm addicted to the forums the way I'm addicted to your blogs and I used to be addicted to newsgroups, back in the day.

Tuesday...another day off. Errands. Sleeping. Laundry. Vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen...the usual. More stalking. More funny emails. Returned lots of phonecalls. Went to go see Shakespeare by the Sea on Tuesday night with Dan. Lost my keys, couldn't leave on time...missed the play.

We tried to see a movie. They'd all started a lot earlier. So we went and got food at Your Father's Moustache. Food was okay. Conversation was good. I knew though, that at some point I was going to have to have the 'i'm just not that into you' discussion. I don't know if I told you that he smooched me when I dropped him off after the wedding. It was just a peck, but it was awkward for me. I've been dreading having to acknowledge it.

So...dropped him home again, didn't unbuckle my seatbelt. I tried to avoid having to make eye contact. He opened up his arms like a big I hugged him very briefly, giving a much firmer than necessary, manly, {pat-pat} on the back as I did it...I also kept my face very far out of the way. No smooch. He seemed to get it. I hope I don't have to have the actual conversation. But I think I will have to some time soon. ARgh.

I'd promised Andrew I'd stop in on my way home from the play. (I'd told him where I was going and with whom I was going there.) So I did. And things got quite surreal.

I'm going to post you an excerpt of the email I sent Bill when I got home last night, because I really don't think I can type it all out again and make it sensible. I really didn't even understand it when it was happening. So yeah.

Sorry this has been so long. I don't know why I feel you all need a minute-by-minute accounting of my time.

Really though? This isn't for you. It's for me. So I can keep track of my own history. Anyone who knows me knows how terrible my memory is. Without some sort of record? I'll not know next week what I did this week. It also helps me get my head sorted out when I'm confused...and saves my friends the crazy emails such as the one that you'll read in a minute. I'm going to change the post-times so that it follows this, instead of preceeding it. Because that's how I roll, yo.

Happy Wednesday.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home