Cleaning house

Sunday, November 12, 2006

party blogging.

Yeah, i know what they say about blogging drunk. But i'm doing it anyway. Because frankly? That's the way I roll.

So Bill's on my sofa. He just fell asleep mid-conversation. And it's 5:30 am. Probably more the latter that influenced his actions :)

Lynn's in my bed. She's been there for about 3 hours now. And she was the last to bed, other than me and Bill.

It gave me some relief, actually, to have her go to bed first. Because then it removed choice from the equation of "Who + who sleeps where?"

We stayed up and talked for ages. About serious stuff. And determined that he is the LEAST dramatic person I've ever known. And Lynn and I talked earlier about how I don't require a whole LOT of drama, but I do require some. I require someone to tell me that they like me more than the bum on the street corner. And that they think I'm cute. And hot. And attractive. Etc.

It was a good time. But I still have 2 more glasses of water to drink before I can go to bed. And I'm soooo not thirsty. And soooo tired. But I know that a) my head will spin if I lay down, and b) i'll feel better in the morning when i have to follow through on my SO ill-conceived promise to cook Eggs Benedict for Bill and Lynn. I did it for New Year's morning, and Lynn suckered me into it for tomorrow through flattery. She's the devil, I tell you. Good thing she likes beer, or i'd have to stop being her friend or something. :)

So yeah. I think I'm going to go drink another glass of water and then lay out a pound of bacon onto a baking sheet for the morning so I don't have to do it later.

Happy Sunday morning, boys and girls!

6 Comments:

  • whahooooooooo!! sounds like you had a blast!!!

    so does the water before bed actually work for you??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sun Nov 12, 10:44:00 am  

  • what's your water ratio? I should tell you about thirtyone-gulps someday.

    Also, any conversation I would be having at 5:30AM would involve me talking in my sleep. (or talking to my early-rising kid)

    By Blogger themikestand, At Sun Nov 12, 03:56:00 pm  

  • HAHA! Sounds like a blast. I'd say to drink one for me but you got it covered. :-)

    By Blogger Mrs. Flinger, At Sun Nov 12, 04:16:00 pm  

  • PS Sorry I missed the party!

    By Blogger themikestand, At Sun Nov 12, 09:00:00 pm  

  • I haven't got a real ratio, I just think about how much water I think I can physically drink, add a few glasses for good measure...and then slosh my way to bed. So far? It's always worked for me.

    I'm looking forward to the 31-Gulp theory of alcohol Management!

    And you missed a good time :) I'm sorry you guys didn't make it too. But next time. :) And next time? It'll be a little more grown-up. Perhaps cocktails and fancy clothes. Who knows?! (But the guitars and lots and lots of beer and rum was a particularly good time too!)

    By Blogger canadian sadie, At Tue Nov 14, 12:44:00 am  

  • "And determined that he is the LEAST dramatic person I've ever known. And Lynn and I talked earlier about how I don't require a whole LOT of drama, but I do require some. I require someone to tell me that they like me more than the bum on the street corner."

    Um. OK. So compliments are synonymous with drama? Having a man let you know that he wants you--unequivocally--is drama? Excuse me for a sec. I need another drink. Your request isn't a plea for drama. Every woman wants to feel wanted. If a woman doesn't feel wanted, then that's when the drama begins and the relationship ends.

    By Blogger Orange Juice Blues, At Wed Nov 15, 02:33:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home