Cleaning house

Monday, March 19, 2007

Wow. Titles suck bad.

I'm neither creative enough nor exciting enough to come up with consistently good titles. At least I'm reliable enough to come up with consistently BAD titles. There's something to be said for a sense of constancy. Yeah, so my moms the one that said it...so what? That doesn't mean it's not TRUE.

Wow...Wednesday since I gave you a real post. Lots has transpired since then...I'll attempt an update.

The debris from the fire is now completely cleared away, and all that's left is a backhoe and a concrete foundation pad. There were 4 sets of residents with no insurance in a 12 unit complex. Which boggles my mind, when it comes right down to it. How on EARTH could people let themselves be in that position? I know that money gets tight, and insurance seems like it's a waste...but for $15 a month for contents on a 2 bedroom unit? How could you NOT find the cash? That's not even as much as a coffee every day for a week.

Anyway...there may be a benefit dance being held at Dr.Sharpe's Roadhouse (across the street!) this weekend. I'll let you know as the details are finalized.

K-- is doing well, and came back to work today. She was pleased to get back into a semblance of normal routine. As yet, we're not sure what she's going to need...but should have a better idea by the end of the week when they move into the new place.

On the boy front, things are cooking right along too. *beam*

Tuesday was a very good start. Thursday? Proved to be a very solid foundation. I am so incredibly happy, it's ridiculous. So happy, in fact, that I keep waiting for a piano to land on my head or something. That's what happens in the cartoons, isn't it? Just as the star gets exactly their heart's content, something big and dramatic and tragic happens to snatch it from their grasp? Except that in this case? I think there'd be two of us working to avoid the piano.

Thursday we went to Beer, and had a blast. And there was touching from across the table. And then there was smooching as I went to drop him off. And there was much cuddling. And I told him he should take this opportunity to get this weeks obligatory 'I like you' out of the way--so he did, but did he ever come through! Flying colours, I have to say. And then there was the sweetest thing EVER a boy could say. Well, to me, anyway. And this boy. I should probably be more precise in my words. "I know it's late, but it would be really nice to wake up next to you in the morning." {melt} So, hells yeah, I threw the car in reverse and parked that puppy!

Good, good days.

And I worked Thursday night, and Friday night, and Saturday at the crack of dawn. But I got out earlyish, and made it to the gym...which was GOOD. And I dropped some things off at a customer's house on my way home, which made her really happy.

So Saturday was Saint Patrick's Day....and I didn't log in, which is a shame, because I missed the festive festing being done by this guy, and this guy, and their collectively lovely wives...but I'm hoping to catch up with them some time before NEXT March. Something tells me I'd have had a GREAT time mocking the band with them...

But I had a great time anyway, because I met up with Bill and his pals, and we went downtown to the Speakeasy. It used to be a regular pub, and is no longer. Now there's a fellow that uses it to host huge 'private' parties, and it's a blast. I'd been invited by a guy that *I* know, so it was funny to end up there with a bunch of people that I didn't already know.

Patrick and his girlfriend were playing there, and the music was grand. We missed their set, as they were on quite early in the evening, but there was music all night long. Pat sang some songs later in the evening, and he was amazing. It was grand.

Bill and I had a great time. There was much hand-holding, lots of close standing, and while we were attempting to catch the last bus home there was even some hugging and rather harmless smooching. This made him embarrassed but I told him to suck it up. I pointed out that there were no small children on the street at 1 am, and if there were? They'd certainly seen smooching before. Silly boy's going to have to get used to some minor PDAs. He seems to enjoy them, he's just worried all the time.

So yeah...I'm firmly ensconced, and he appears to be too. He tells me so, so I have to believe him.

It was a bit funny, I mentioned to him on Sunday morning that I noticed he hadn't read the blog in quite a long time. He said that it was because he was a little bit scared to. Which was adorable. Although it might have made my life a bit easier if he'd read my brazen declaration of like instead of making me actually TELL him about it. Heh.

I can't believe how giddy I am about this. It's quite silly, but I really, REALLY am enjoying it. I guess I don't mind being that silly, because I'm telling all of you quite willingly and that's decidedly out of character for me.

I'm not even worried about 'jinxing' things by talking about it so publicly this time, because I know that it's going to be okay. It's amazing what working from the basic knowledge that he really, REALLY likes you will do for your confidence levels. None of the constant second-guessing and hemming and hawing and inner turmoil that ravaged me last time...now it's just a consistently happy, warm, inner-glow while I look forward to the next time we get to see one another.

I'm off to Moncton tomorrow for a 2 day course on Kitchens--designing, planning and selling. Should be interesting. I haven't had the opportunity to go on course in quite a while, so I'm looking forward to it a bit. I will get to meet new people and catch up with some old friends. Always a good time for me.

The stinky part about going on course, is that I may not be back in time for Ghaidhlig on Wednesday. This makes me quite sad, but I figure I should be back by 7:30, which means I could sit in on the advanced Beginner class and still learn something. So that's my plan. 'Course it means I have to study in the car, but I'm sure that won't be such an issue.

...and when will I get to see the boy again? That's the question that really matters at this juncture. Smitten. I said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm seriously smitten with this man.

G'night folks...back Wednesday!

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home