Cleaning house

Monday, March 03, 2008

it's been a long week

I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted; mainly because I've been doing it all week--in my head.

I was in SJ for meetings and and awards banquet on Monday and Tuesday. I won a PS3 as a door prize. That was the good part. Oh yes, and the bed at the Hilton was AMAZING. So comfy! I had a great sleep there--short though it was. Monday night we all hung out at the bar downstairs. It was nice to socialize with some old acquaintances again. It's only been a month since last time, but it was still lovely. Alas though, not much sleep.

Wednesday through Saturday I worked. I closed every day. I did not have a day off. I've been stuck in a shit-storm at work, and I don't seem to be able to get out of it. There's so much childish drama going on that I'm considering switching the job title on my business card from 'manager' to 'daycare supervisor'. I've got a couple of very 'hard manages' in terms of personalities, and I'm trying desperately to figure out how to get the best out of them and keep them happy. So far everything I've tried has NOT worked.

Friday night I went to the pub here in town to see Floyd King play. I used to see him periodically on Thirstday nights at the Celtic Corner. I was excited to go. He played songs that he had actually written himself, which he never did at the CC. He's quite a talented songwriter. My new bud Nancy came with me.

Saturday night I sat and watched some television for the first time in ages. My baby sister called me. She was loaded. She only seems to call when she's loaded. My mother told her that I was trying to get a flight home, but that I wasn't having any luck. Why my mother would do this is a mystery to me. I understand that she was excited that I was thinking about coming home for a visit and wanted to share--but Amy's 30th birthday is this Thursday. Amy wanted me to come home for it, and I absolutely cannot do it, work-wise. Amy called me all sad and depressed and DRUNK to tell me how much she misses me, and how 'absolutely tickled' she'd be to see me. And how happy she'd be. And, and, and. I know that most of it was drunken rambling--but at the same time, Mum knows how upset Amy gets about things. It would have been the smart thing to do to keep her trap shut.

I was still angry about it on Sunday, so I didn't call home yesterday to talk to my mom. I knew I'd say something about it, and that would upset my mother, who didn't mean anything by it in the first place...so it wasn't worth the battle. Blargle. Family politics.

I've been up too late reading blogs all week. I've been not sleeping worrying about work. When I'm at work I don't seem to be getting anything accomplished.

I was going to spend all day Sunday catching up on work at the store, but it stormed to beat the band in the morning. Which meant my entire day was shot, as I suffer from a chronic case of inertia. Once I'm sitting doing nothing, I continue to sit doing nothing. It was a pretty much wasted day. Except that I baked cookies. That was good.

I don't know if I had a really bad case of the Sunday blues last night, or if I'm slipping back into a funk. I think it's the latter, but I'm hoping it's the former.

I haven't been returning phone calls from people I'd love to talk to. I can't be bothered to do the simplest of tasks, even though I know they would be short and simple and then OVER. This is not unusual for me, but it's lasting a lot longer than usual. I'm a person who has to function under the 'do it now' principle. If I don't do something right when I think about it, it doesn't happen. Too many other things get in the way.

In good news, I won a book from (NSFW) The Red Sneaker Diaries. I'm very excited about it. I never win anything! Granted, I won it because I haven't had sex in longer than everyone else who entered, and Red felt sorry for me...but I'm okay with that. A pity win is still a win! And a lovely coffee-table book about sex is kind of a nice thing to win.

Sometimes I'm glad I don't have kids--I can actually leave this out on my coffe table! *laugh*

Oh well...quarter to seven, and it's going to be a VERY long day today. My new Assistant starts today, my DM will be here to talk with him, and to rag me out for various and sundry things. I should go and get a start. I hope you all have a lovely week! Wish me luck!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • I bet I would beat you on the no sex front....:P

    By Blogger Princess of the Universe, At Mon Mar 03, 01:14:00 pm  

  • I hope your day hasn't been as bad as you anticipated and I hope your pita employees start behaving!

    Yay on the book. :D

    By Blogger Mephitis, At Mon Mar 03, 02:04:00 pm  

  • I hope things are better this week! I would beat you on the sex thing...but yay on winning the book!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Mon Mar 03, 05:17:00 pm  

  • Congratulations on both wins! However, they are just material things and obviously, they cannot satisfy emotional need. If you can get some good sleep, it will help. If you like, I can send you a meditation track I've used when I can't get my mind to settle down for sleep. Let me know.

    By Blogger Sean Hully, At Tue Mar 04, 05:18:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home