Cleaning house

Monday, January 28, 2008

Brief update

Hey poppets--

I'm in Saint John today for a 2 day meeting for work. It's nice to see all the folks I used to work with, and know that they're happy to see me. Tomorrow we spend the day getting yelled at, but last night and tonight will be fun.

This past weekend--went to Halifax to see the record release show of the Tom Fun Orchestra. It was a great show. It was a bit awkward because Billy was there, so I was VERY happy that Tamara and Joanna came with. We spoke briefly. I saw him holding hands with some girl. Leads me to believe (NOW) that they weren't involved, because he doesn't do that with people he's actually interested in--but at the time, it was a bit of a kick in the gut. (*JUST* a bit. *snort*)

So...I danced like a crazy person with some cool hippie with a beard and ear plugs (*boggle*) and some guy grabbed my ass and I didn't pop him in the face over it. In fact, it was kinda flattering. I know, I amaze me too sometimes.

Saturday I got up early and got a haircut, then Tamara and I ran errands. We went to the market to visit her grandparents, and since we were in Darkness, I called Billy to drop off his stuff. He asked if we would drive him to his car downtown. So we did. I know, I amaze me too sometimes.

I gave him the rest of his Christmas gift, and as I have previously stated...I give GOOD GIFT. He loved them. He opened then, and looked like a kid with a new bike. He looked over somewhat awkwardly like he wasn't sure if he should hug me or not. I was standing watching with my arms folded over my chest, so that pretty much solved that problem.

We dropped him at his car, and all the way downtown I had a hard time finding something to say. We've got too much history for small-talk, and not enough to say to make conversation.

K...roomie's back--more tonight.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • I've been lurking around your blog and just wanted to say hey. Sorry things have been so rough for you. Breakups are awful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Mon Jan 28, 12:02:00 pm  

  • Weird as it may seem (and I am not encouraging people to take me up on this..) I think if anyone grabbed my ass I'd be flattered! Oh how your priorities change!LOL!

    By Blogger -LGirl-, At Mon Jan 28, 12:35:00 pm  

  • You are definitely nicer than I am. Of course, I don't know the full story (or even half of the story), but I'd probably make him take a bus and would have kept/returned the gift. Maybe I'm just bitter. I find that when a relationship ends (friendship/romantic/etc.), I close myself off to that person.

    By Blogger PG, At Mon Jan 28, 02:09:00 pm  

  • Yeah, been meaning to comment on this one all week. I'm pretty sure that even my little Fenchurch wouldn't have givin me a ride in the same situation... bnot for a few years, anyway.

    By Blogger James Lindsay, At Sat Feb 02, 06:54:00 pm  

  • I often insist that strangers grab my arse. It's incredibly firm and pert, for a fat bloke.

    By Blogger badgerdaddy, At Mon Feb 04, 06:29:00 am  

  • Hi! Like Princess up above, I've also been lurking for a while.

    Just thought I'd say hi to a fellow Haligonian blogger who is pretty amusing.

    As for the ex, don't worry, I'm sure the girl he was with was a nobody.

    By Blogger Belle Ecrivaine, At Tue Feb 05, 02:12:00 pm  

  • I'm so pokey! Welcome princessb and JB. :) Glad to have more company. i'd love to say i'm not always so self-absorbed, but I'd be lying. :)

    I love it when lurkers speak...it makes me feel like i'm making a new friend!

    By Blogger canadian sadie, At Wed Feb 13, 02:57:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home