Cleaning house

Friday, January 18, 2008

Sadie and the Very Long Day.

It's Friday!

Under normal circumstances, this would be a good thing. Today, however, not so much.

As seems to e his wont, my boss is coming to visit today. He always seems to choose the Friday that I work the close shift. I.e. 12-9:30 pm. Except that he comes to visit me at 9 or 10 am. Which means that in order to a) prepare for him and b) get any REAL work done, I have to go to work at 8 am. And then stay until 9:30 pm. This makes for a Very Long Day. Add to that, the fact that he doesn't seem to notice that we don't stop for lunch...and that he stays long into my supper hour, so that I have 10 minutes to run to Tim Horton's before my only other coverage in the store has gone home for the day. It makes me cranky.

Particularly knowing that today? I'm going to get reamed out again. This time though, I at least semi-deserve it. I missed a deadline on Friday. I sent the email with the file attached, but because he didn't receive it--I missed the deadline. And then I was sick on Monday and Tuesday, so he sent me a series of nasty emails for the first 3 days of the week. Wednesday morning when I arrived, he called me before I could even get into my emails to see the other nasties. I pointed out that I had been out sick, and hadn't received them, or I'd have noticed his file sitting waiting in my Outbox sooner.

Anyway, he got what he wanted, but he's not going to be happy with me. Whatever.

What I found ironic is that my work email account shut itself down for sending because my inbox was too full. Because my boss sent me no less than 6 emails FILLED with photos of other people's stores. And then the email server sends you a very large email telling you that you have to delete things, because your mailbox is too full. I had about a dozen of those. Because once you hit your capacity? Every time someone sends you an email, the server sends you one too. Hilarity ensues. Well, not really. But definitely irony. Irony ensues.

I've got a bunch of stuff I 've got to get organized before I head into the office, so I should head out. I just wanted to drop by and say 'Hi!'. So... Hi!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Hope you make the best of your day and that you keep nourished. Of course, you won't see this till it's over, but the thought is there. The story about the e-mail inbox quagmire is great. It's too bad that it's true and you on the short end of the stick this time. Have a restful weekend.

    By Blogger Sean Hully, At Fri Jan 18, 11:17:00 am  

  • This guy really isn't that bright at all, eh?

    Ah well, live and learn. I wish I was in Halifax. I'm sure Fenchurch would give me the night off, considering the circumstances. (Yeah, right... "Hon, one of the women whose blog I stalk is kinda down. Mind if I go to a show with her?" Yeah, like that wouldn't get me beat within an inch of the grave.)

    Still, I'm rooting for you!

    By Blogger James Lindsay, At Sat Jan 19, 07:08:00 pm  

  • Don't let it grind you down. He's being a freak.

    By Blogger Mephitis, At Sat Jan 19, 07:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home