Cleaning house

Monday, March 10, 2008

Update.

I spent almost all day Friday waiting for the furnace guy. Well, to be honest I waited about 3 hours for the furnace guy, it took him about an hour to fix the furnace, and then I avoided going in to work for another 3 hours. I went in late in the afternoon and worked until close. I also worked on Saturday, even though it was my scheduled weekend off.

To be honest, working Friday night was a really good thing for me. I mixed a lot of paint, got a fair bit done, taught Frank how to do some stuff, and felt a lot better about life in general.

I don't think the feeling a lot better really happened until later in the evening though. After work, I drove to George's Roadhouse in Sackville and saw Garrett Mason play. If you're not familiar with Garrett, he's a blues musician from Truro. And man, can that kid wail. You have to see his fingers move to understand what an amazing musician he is. It was a really fun time.

I got home about 12:45 and headed straight to bed. I needed to be up at 7 in order to make it to work for 8. That was my plan, anyway.

I was in bed, and I got a text message about 1. Tracey was at the airport in Calgary waiting for her flight. We texted once or twice, and I went to bed. At about 1:40, my phone rang. It was an Alberta number, so I figured something had gone on with her flight. I woke up and answered the phone. It was Kzelly.

He had been out, had already called his brother and his mom...so he called me. *boggle*

Most of you won't be familiar with Kzel. He's an ex. From about 8 years ago. We started out 'casual'--but anybody who knows me knows that we didn't live by the usual 'casual' standards. I'm not a 'casual' kind of girl. Anyway, we dated for about 2.5 or 3 years. We stopped dating because we knew exactly which buttons to push to drive the other one crazy. It got to a point during our (mainly) long distance relationship where we were both being mean to one another more than we were being nice to one another. I didn't want to be that person. So we stopped. Anyway, we've been friendly ever since. But not in that 'call up in the middle of the night' kind of way.

Anyway, suffice to say that Kzelly and I were on the phone until almost 4am, and it was a pleasant chat. I said at one point 'it's really great that we can finally discuss the 'issues' in our relationship 8 years later! *laugh*' He laughed too, and we had a really nice talk.

I have to go get ready for work now, so I'll finish this up tonight.

Here's another Garrett Mason clip for you while I'm gone. It's fuzzy picture quality, but the music's still great!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home