Cleaning house

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Friday

Not a bad day, overall. Except for the being exhausted and not very personable part.

I had a really nice chat with Verge. He has a knack for hitting me on my really down days. But he said the nicest things. And he listens. I hope that one day he finds a really nice girl who appreciates him.

He asked why I'd never seemed to make marriage a priority...he said "I know why *I'm* not married, I always seem to mess it up somehow, but you seem like you've got it pretty together"...what a nice thing to say. Particularly since I really wasn't feeling so together. :)

Gary walked the store today, and wasn't horrified, so we may be ready for the visit from Stew and Mr.Irving on Tuesday. Oh yes, we're having a visit. I walked into the store today, and Scott greets me with a smile and says, "I've got good news! Really good news!" I asked him if I'd won the lottery and so was precluded from working for a pittance any longer. He said, "No, better news than that!" So I knew it was bad. Stupid visits. Oh well, they keep my mind focussed on things that need doing.

Anyway.

So I'm pooped. Heather called tonight and left a message to check and see how I was doing. She's so sweet. I must have scared her when I was so upset last night. Hell, I kinda scared myself. I'm not really used to having such strong emotions, I don't think. Or at least, not really used to letting myself feel them. This time I just had no choice--they were happening whether I was interested or not.

Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

I ate okay today, except for the 3 coffees (necessary) and the donut (not necessary). I walked about 19,000 steps. So, hurray me. I made up for yesterday's pitiful 4,500. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home