Cleaning house

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

'business opportunity' or sales pitch?

So Steven had made an appointment to come see me tonight, about a business opportunity he was looking at. Which was odd, but okay. He didn't tell me much about it before hand...and by 'not much' I mean 'NOTHING'.

I was eating my supper when the buzzer went, so I openend the buzzer and went to fill the kettle. I figured that we'd have some tea and a chat and he'd tell me whatever it was he had going on.

I hollered 'come in!' at the knock on the door. And in walked Steve, and some strange guy.

I was glad I'd cleaned up!

It turned out to be exactly what he promised me it wasn't. Some sort of 'chain' sales purchasing plan...which is a fancy way to say 'pyramid'. Which is a lovely way to say 'fuck-you, Steven, for taking advantage of our friendship'.

And today was not a great day to be doing that...because the 2 hours of sleep, on top of the emotional wreckage, and the spending my day off at work being bitter and angry about having to be there, and the getting chewed out by my DM for supposed deficiencies in my learning comprehension.

So yeah.

I got to talk to Tracey on the phone tonight. That made me happy. I miss her. I need some sleep. I'm drained.

I'm not as cheery as I was a bit ago, because of some ill-advised MSN...but I'll work on that.

Talk to you folks tomorrow--as I begin the first of my 7 day stretch of close shifts. Bleh. The good news is, no Thirstday outing tomorrow--so I'm all yours! You lucky devils!

G'night.

2 Comments:

  • i hate pyramid scams, but oddly enough, the christian community thrives on them.

    By Blogger chRistine, At Thu Jul 12, 08:12:00 pm  

  • I actually made the 'oh my goodness, Mormons!' connection in my head when the two men travelling in tandem, wearing shirts and ties, walked into my house.

    But nobody left me any tracts, and there was no chanting...so I guess I got out mostly unscathed.

    By Blogger canadian sadie, At Thu Jul 12, 10:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home