Cleaning house

Friday, October 05, 2007

Hello.

Hello there. I'm Sadie.

I know, you haven't seen me around these parts for quite some time. But I've got a new broom, and I'm here to take out the cobwebs; give the mats a shake and clean the windows. You know...fix the place up a bit.

I've started my new job, and the stress...she be intense. I walked into a big mess, and I've got some serious staffing issues. I'm working hard at smoothing things over, hiring some people and getting things done. But yikes, the challenges right now are crazy.

So I've been living in the hotel for almost a month now, and it grows quite tiresome. I hate having to clean my room so that someone can come in and clean my room. I hate not being able to spread my things out and leave them on the table when I go to work the next morning. I've been trying desperately to find a new place to live...and now, I finally have.

I bought a house! I'm in the throes of figuring out the details--insurance, mortgage, home inspection, lawyer, etc, etc, etc. Scary stuff! I'll post a photo here very soon so you can see how purty it is. It's a whole lot of ugly on the inside, but it's all cosmetic and I can fix that myself over some time.



My closing date is the 19th, and I only just made the offer 2 days ago, so I'm in a bit of a crunch for time. I figured, I don't have nearly enough stress in my life right now, I should just add a bit to it. *grin*

Anyway...I haven't had a day off in a while, so I took this morning to look after some ME stuff. I.e. sleep. And blogging. And emails. And it's been good...probably not a smart thing to do, but definitely necessary.

I'm off to work now, so I'll talk to you again soon. Lots more scoop to add...I never even got to post my vacation photos/story yet!

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home