Cleaning house

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

M.I.A. no more!

It's not that I don't love you--I swear!

I've just been busy....soooooo so busy.

Doing what?

Well...I went on vacation. Billy and I went on a beautiful, scenic, 10 day car-trek through not just one, but two countries. We laughed the entire time. With much hilarity. And visiting of family--of both varieties. GREATEST VACATION EVAR! Details sometime.

While on vacation, I was tracked down, Carmen SanDiego style, and first offered and consequently given a new job! I am now the new manager of my company's Amherst location! A smaller store in a much smaller community, but a great opportunity. It came with a decent raise, and a company vehicle and gas card. Woohoo.

While living in the hotel, Christine was stationed about an hour from me for a short while...we were able to meet for lunch. It wasn't the exciting festivities we had been hoping for, but it was great. And I was soooo glad to see her. And she met Billy which was nice for me too--'cause now they both know what the other one looks like when I babble incessantly about them to the other.

Also in recent events...I had checked out the MLS postings to see about real estate in Amherst. And folks? It's CHEAP. By comparison anyway. Compared to what? Any place you've EVER BEEN. So I went to the bank.

And I didn't expect much. But I was preapproved! EASILY. And very, very quickly. For WAY more than I'm going to need. Weeeeheeee.

So here I sit, not quite a week into my new job...in my hotel room. And am EXHAUSTED. (Too exhausted to go back and put in cool links to www.mls.ca, Carmen SanDiego, and the town page for Amherst, NS. Imagine it for me, wouldja?)

I've been spending all my waking moments out looking at houses. It's scary stuff. How big? How much? How much work am I prepared to do? How much extra will that cost? Do I care? How long will I be here? Is this REALLY the right thing to do? (the answer to the last one is Yes, I am certain of that much)

Anyway...so tired. Must sleep. But I wanted to let you all know I'm here...I'm alive...I'm coming back to you...and I miss you. I've got about 1500 back posts to read in my bloglines...so some of you will just have to leave me a note in the comments if there's something super-exciting that I've missed...but I'll do my best to catch up.


** okay, so I got energetic and did a little Googling...for those of you who DO remember Carmen Sandiego...you'll enjoy THIS immensely.

12 Comments:

  • Oh yay yay yay!!! Such exciting developments for you. You so deserved the new position! Can't wait to hear more about vacation.

    By Blogger Marjorie, At Thu Sept 13, 01:28:00 am  

  • Welcome back! LOL Sorry I didn't make it to your going-away party -- no excuse except that I forgot it. I saw the pictures on your facebook and it looks like I missed a good time. I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying Amherst life, though :) I'm sure you're going to find a great place.

    By Blogger jenniek, At Thu Sept 13, 06:31:00 am  

  • That's absolutely excellent, really brilliant news. Many, many congratulations. It sounds like the right move to me - I think it could be a great thing for you. A raise, a car, cheaper property... As long as the community is right, get in there and enjoy it.
    Really, I'm completely made up for you.
    BTW, there's not much of interest on my blog, so don't worry about catching up!

    By Blogger badgerdaddy, At Thu Sept 13, 09:49:00 am  

  • Congratulations!
    That is wonderful!!!! :)

    By Blogger Princess of the Universe, At Thu Sept 13, 02:46:00 pm  

  • Congrats and my Fav NS town. Dh and I have seriously considered retiring there (Best Frecnchy's around to boot!)
    Oh I hope you share Photos of your house OSoooo exciting Again I LOVE Amherst!

    By Blogger -LGirl-, At Thu Sept 13, 03:52:00 pm  

  • That's such unexpected amazing news! Congratulations! It's funny how life can sometimes turn on a dime. I'm glad you had a great time and it's good you're back.

    By Blogger Sean Hully, At Thu Sept 13, 04:45:00 pm  

  • I have heard that there were German POW's held in Amherst and that is part of why the architecture there seems so different.(beautiful)

    By Blogger -LGirl-, At Sat Sept 15, 11:13:00 am  

  • Congratulations!

    By Blogger Mephitis, At Sat Sept 15, 07:05:00 pm  

  • Welcome back! You've been gone about as long as I was (yes, that WAS me hiding in your luggage and stealing the food from your plate when you weren't looking).

    But, yeah, been pretty busy myself.

    By Blogger James Lindsay, At Mon Sept 17, 12:32:00 am  

  • wow, that's so exciting!

    Yes I'm back from the internet free limbo I was existing in, and am currently sitting underneath the library at ST.FX working on a poli sci assignment (or not working as teh case may or may not be) Congrats on teh new job & soon to be new home!

    By Blogger Random "Frequent Flyer" Dent, At Wed Sept 19, 04:23:00 pm  

  • Hey you're MIA again :)

    By Blogger Sean Hully, At Tue Sept 25, 11:21:00 am  

  • Oh look... tumbleweeds:
    * *
    * *
    *

    By Blogger James Lindsay, At Sun Sept 30, 04:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home