Cleaning house

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Blog stalking

In a particularly lengthy and time-sucking blog-stalk, I discovered this:
The Washington Post had a contest; submit instructions for anything, written in the style of a famous person. The winning entry:
The Hokey Pokey (as written by W. Shakespeare).
O proud left foot, that ventures quick within
Then soon upon a backward journey lithe.
Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:
Command sinistral pedestal to writhe.
Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke,
mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.To spin!
A wilde release from Heavens yoke.Blessed dervish!
Surely canst go, girl.
The Hoke, the poke -- banish now thy doubt
Verily, I say, 'tis what it's all about.
by William Shakespeare (Jeff Brechlin, Potomac Falls)

(laughter ensues)

More later, once I actually get off my butt and out of my house for some fresh air on this BEAUTIFUL Sunday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home