Cleaning house

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ahhh...so sarry...

So...nothing exciting to report, really. Lots of gossip from the weekend, about how I felt old and ancient...and decrepit, and ...did I mention OLD? But otherwise, not much. :)

I stayed at work far too late on Monday night, gossiping and shooting the breeze with some folks I really enjoy. We talked about all kinds of things...from how difficult it is for us to be perfect when others are so obviously challenged in ways we can't comprehend...right through to personal fetishes and sexual fondnesses. It was an interesting chat, and I have to say...I'm glad I missed blogging to have it. :)

Yesterday, I exhibited my ignorance by showing up for work 3 hours early. Byt the time I figured it out, I'd already been there for 1.5 hours, and it wasn't worth my while to go home--so I stayed until close. 7 am to 9:30 pm. I'm soooo smart. S-M-R-T.

Today...enjoyed my boss yet again. I also had fish and chips for supper, which I'm pretty sure isn't the healthiest food for someone trying to become more fit and lean. Oopsie. Man was it delicious. :)

So now, it is far too late, and I should have long since been asleep. I've been having real problems getting myself to bed at a decent hour. Could be why I had the migraine the other day--since I've been up blogging/blog-stalking until 12:30 and 1 every day, and up again at 6 to go to work. Just a guess, though.

I'll be back tomorrow. Sleep well--I know I will. :)

p.s. how do I get rid of the thousands of stupid ants that have invaded my bathroom and bedroom? They're not in the kitchen (thank God) but they're in the two strangest rooms. The little round traps seem to only make a tiny dent in the vast numbers of militant insects carrying out their nefarious deeds in my home.

Stupid bugs.

4 Comments:

  • i'm a big believer in buying a can of raid and blasting them into oblivion. the downside, of course, is the chemical seepage into your own lungs. i deal with this problem by turning on a fan and leaving the house for a few (8?) hours.

    good luck.

    By Blogger chRistine, At Thu Aug 11, 08:45:00 am  

  • Today, I bought 4 different types of bug killer. At this point I don't even care if the chemicals give me cancer and I die next week. If I die in a bug-free house, I'm content. I'd hate for it not to work though, and the Paramedics come in to take away my corpse saying, "Gee, she's got a crapload of ants...maybe she shouldn't have eaten so much food in her bathroom!" That would be the ultimate blow. Stupid bugs.

    By Blogger canadian sadie, At Thu Aug 11, 06:58:00 pm  

  • the idea of emergency service workers standing over your dead body and discussing your ant probelm amuse me. and it would quite exemplify why i left the healthcare field altogether.

    By Blogger chRistine, At Thu Aug 11, 09:12:00 pm  

  • Can't really help you with the ant issue. We always just call the apartment manager and they take care of it. If spiders were as easy to take care of, I'd be happy! Did any of your 4 bug killers work?

    Fish and chips sound really good... Hmmm, maybe I'll have to suggest that to DH!

    Have a great weekend!

    By Blogger Paige, At Fri Aug 12, 04:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home