Cleaning house

Monday, December 10, 2007

g'morning. :)

It's been a long weekend. Lots to tell.

For the record, both the oven-timer and my boss came through on Saturday morning. Scott called, and a bout 5 minutes later the timer went off. I wouldn't use the timer as a regular thing, but in a pinch...it's good to know it works. I am also a ridiculously light sleeper if there are sounds that don't belong, so that is definitely a factor.

Saturday was a long day at work. I had a revolving door on my office for people to come in and complain about how they are having issues with the yard supervisor. Growing pains are hard for everyone. Anyway.

I got home from work and made some supper. I didn't want to go to the bachelorette party in Halifax because a) i hate them, b) it was 2 hours away, and c) i was feeling sorry for myself and didn't want to do much of anything. So I frigged around for a while, and didn't actually end up leaving here until after 9:00. I arrived at 11:30 when I intended to be there by 9:30. Oh well.

It turned out to be a riot. I wasn't going to drink very much because of how I've been feeling lately--didn't think more depressants were really such a good idea. But yeah, that kinda went out the window. It wasn't bad at all until about 5:30 am. I was standing talking with Alicia in the kitchen, and she was asking me questions about being here, and the job, and how she didn't think she could move away because she'd be lonely. So then I kinda lost it. Poor girl. Oh well. :)

We went to bed around 6:30 am, and was up and moving by 9:15. Exhausting. At 11:00 we went to Tracey's to pick up my cape and say hi to her mom. Then I drove one of the other girls home, and headed on out to Amherst. I got here just after 2:30, which was LATE.

I had to pick up the food trays for our staff party, cook the hors d'oeuvres, shower, go buy gift cards for everyone, and get it all to the bowling alley for 4. I was only 15 minutes late, so I figure I did okay.

Everyone seemed to have a good time at bowling, and we had a really decent turnout, so I was pleased.

I came home after and just sat for an hour or so. I was beat. I wanted to go to bed at 6:30, but I'd promised to go and see a play that one of the guys from work is in. It's the Annual Christmas Spectacular Extravaganza! It was a riot. I am so glad that I went, even though I was exhausted.

I managed to stay awake until 11:30 pm, although I'm not exactly sure why I did it! I slept through right until 8:15, and now I'm lying here in bed avoiding getting up. I HAVE to get up, because it's 9:20, and I have to work at 10. I still need to shower and get dressed, so there's things to do.

That's the update. Fascinating, no? Yep...I know you keep coming back for the scintillating, edge-of-your-seat excitement. Freaks. *grin*

Have a happy Monday!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home