Cleaning house

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Zoiks.

Brave or stupid? I'm not quite sure.

I forgot my cell phone at work tonight. Not such a big deal, in the greater scheme of things. Except that I still have no stuff....and while sleeping on a cot for the last 3 weeks has been okay, and having only a barstool and some new china for company in the evenings isn't so terrible, (I still have YOU!) the whole 'not having an alarm clock and having to use my cell phone to tell me when to get up every day' thing is wearing a little thin.

Particularly tonight. When I'm wiped. And it's -14* outside. And I don't have my cell phone because I was dumb and left it at work. And I don't want to go and get it.

So...my old boss is going in to work in the morning, so he offered to call me when he gets there. Which is good...except I'm scared he'll forget, or something will happen and he won't be able to.

I REAAAAAALLLY don't want to go outside in the cold--I want to go to sleep. So I did what any self-respecting lazy-arsed bugger would do...I set the oven timer.

Is that really so wrong?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • That's actually quite creative to set the oven timer. I would have never thought of that. I used my cell phone as an alarm clock for a while too when I didn't trust my clock radio. It does wear thin after a while.

    By Blogger Sean Hully, At Sat Dec 08, 12:28:00 pm  

  • I think that's brilliant-I never would have thought of that either.

    By Blogger Princess of the Universe, At Sat Dec 08, 12:42:00 pm  

  • You set the oven timer? The firefighter in me hopes that the oven wasn't actually on. The Scotsman in me hopes that somebody else pays the bill if it was on. And the guy in me says, "Het! Allriiiight! Welcome to Guy-Town!"

    By Blogger James Lindsay, At Sun Dec 09, 12:09:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home