Cleaning house

Sunday, August 28, 2005

etc.

So...I managed to change my headlight--although not without some bad words and befuddlement on my part. I would have easily changed my blinker-light, (I had the stupid thing removed from the vehicle already!) had the moron at Canadian Tire given me the correct sort of bulb with which to change it. As it stnads now, the score is:
Headlights- 2
Blinkers - 3
Stupid Canadian Tire Boy - 1
Empowered DIY Car-Repair Sarah - 1

It's about quarter to 6 (can't tell, computer clock won't let me fix it) and I need to get dressed for the park. I likely won't get in the monster walk I was hoping for, but that''s okay.

I thought about calling someone to see if they'd like to come with, but came up with the following realizations:
a) Lynn will still be playing softball
b) Verge, although he indicated interest in having friends with whom to do cultural things, still creeps me out a bit too much to make 'wanna hang out' phone calls to -- he's a little too desperate to have friends that are girls, and I don't want to ever have to deal with that with him
c) I'd prefer to go by myself than to call James. He's far too much work.

So...I'm off to change, and to see a play by myself. :) Which pleases me enormously--a fact that is surprising, even to myself--and I'm not easily surprised by how much I enjoy my own company. Hey, I'm great! Tell all your friends. Particularly if they live in Halifax--I could use a new peer group. :)

4 Comments:

  • Good job with the headlight! I can't say that I've ever attempted to change me own headlight, so that's quite an accomplishment in my book! And hope you had fun at the play!

    By Blogger Paige, At Mon Aug 29, 02:56:00 am  

  • I would SOOO live in Halifax!

    And hey! Paige was here! I was JUST about to email her your link saying, "I think you'd like this gal!"

    Seriously. We really do think alike.

    By Blogger Mrs. Flinger, At Mon Aug 29, 03:37:00 am  

  • see, this is why you're a better person than i am. i cannot imagine changing my own headlight. ever. not. a. chance.

    seriously.

    thought about you this weekend in ottawa. ever eat at MELLO's?

    By Blogger chRistine, At Mon Aug 29, 08:24:00 am  

  • I can't believe that I said "change ME own headlight." Oops!

    By Blogger Paige, At Mon Aug 29, 04:52:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home