Cleaning house

Thursday, December 29, 2005

well

I made it. In fact, we all did. My entire family made it out alive. Barely.

This has to go down on record as being the worst Christmas ever.

There were a number of things that made it the Worst Christmas Ever...but I'll skip over most of them. Suffice it to say, that a) my mother had flu for 4 days. B) I'm apparently a terrible person. C) being a terrible person, I still managed to NOT see my best friend, have any fun, or drink the copious amounts that would have made the last 14 days bearable. D) BLEH. E) yeah....moving on.

So, the absolute BEST part about this Christmas, is this computer. Well, that and Christine's comment about "That's my cousin Bill and his sister Becky's boy". That, folks, is comedy.

This computer kicks ass. I had found myself alternately wavering between "It's far too expensive a gift! I don't need it" ...and..."If you're going to spend that much cash, give me the money so I can fix my car!" I'm really glad I got selfish and bought into the 'you really NEED a new computer' and 'If you're going to be in business, it will help you to have a good computer' lines of reasoning. Because, this computer kicks serious ass.

Yikes. I didn't realize the computer clock was still on Ontario time...that hour makes a huge difference in being up a little past bedtime, and being exhausted tomorrow. Woopsie.

I love my family. I don't want anyone to get the impression that I do not. However, I will think twice next year before I venture home. It's such a stressful, intense holiday--and this year everyone seemed to be loaded for bear. I never thought I'd come to a point where I didn't want to be with my family for the holidays. Now, I know that if some small child asks me--the point at which you no longer NEED to be at your mom and dad's is 34.

Missed you all--and especially Christine. Although, I asked Bob to get me my own Rick Mercer for Christmas next year, and I may have to work on it a bit throughout the year, but I think that maybe he'll come through.

3 Comments:

  • He will probably get you Rick Mercer next year for Christmas.. not because he appreciates you as a person, but because you have big boobs, which seems to be Bob's determining factor in whether or not he does nice things for women.

    I'm mostly kidding.

    Maybe there's another celebrity/Canadiana-whore you'd be interested in meeting? 35 might be too old to be visiting MOM at christmas, but it is also too old to be getting the same presents *I* got *LAST YEAR*. Maybe Seamus will re-appear on the Danforth? Anyone? Anyone?

    Did I tell you I met Bill Whitehead?

    By Blogger chRistine, At Thu Dec 29, 08:43:00 am  

  • Honey, if there's one thing I can relate to it's the "what the hell did I get together with my family for" and then the "oh, god, I miss my family." roughly four hours later.

    Amen to new Computers. Wohpeeeee. And Amen for being home and Amen for starting the drinking NOW that it's all over. :-)

    By Blogger Mrs. Flinger, At Sat Dec 31, 01:57:00 am  

  • Exactly why I tell all of our families that they are welcome to celebrate with us on Christmas day from 12-until, but they have to come to us!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Mon Jan 02, 01:59:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home