Cleaning house

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Heh.

So, my dog is passive-aggressive.
I'm not sure if I ever told you about the time I was working on some reports in the living room and he turned his back on me and sighed deeply. He then looked back over his shoulder at me, sighed deeply again and inched farther away-making a rather big production of moving and not making eye contact with me. He did this about 4 times before I finally caved in and have up working in favour of a walk and a belly rub.
He's pulled that stunt a few times, but it's never been so dramatically charged since then. He *is* the master of the deeeep sigh though. He does it better than my middle-sister, even considering her 34 years of experience.
He's been sighing and whining all night. He always pulls something along these lines if he feels that I've been away too much. It's actually counter-productive, considering that I find it entertaining. My guilt level usually runs quite high until I get home and start giggling about his hard-done-by self with his deep sighs and woebegone crying and staring. Then it's all over and it almost becomes a contest as to which of us can out wait the other or which of us will drive the other insane with the crying and whining. (1 guess as to who usually wins the last one!)
In other, not so amusing, news I walked over 30,000 steps today at work getting ready for the long weekend sales event. It's the single biggest weekend of the year in our industry-this is our Christmas-so there are some great deals to be had at the big green machine this weekend if you're in the market for some Stuff. We also carry a wide assortment of Things.
Have you ever noticed that Q-tips are *always* on sale except when you're nearly out and you keep watching for them to go on sale and they DON'T? Even when you watch for weeks on end and you're down to less than half a dozen Q-tips? Yeah. Me neither.
For the record, I love the bargain carts they always seem to have at Sobey's. Quite often they're full of crap that I just don't want or need, but sometimes you hit pay dirt. Tonight I got 6 deodorants for $1.25 a piece. And they don't even stink. I gave 3 to the food bank and kept 3 for me. I felt like a superstar shopper. They were marked down to $2.50 first, then half off. Smoking deal, and I still get to feel good. Win-win for me. Wheeee! :)
That's all for now, my thumbs are getting a cramp. Silliness! Computer shopping next week. I have to decide between a desktop or another laptop. Any suggestions? Email them to me, or leave a comment. I get (and can send!) e-mails, but if there's no return address I can't do anything about it. Feh.
Happy weekend, stay dry!
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

2 Comments:

  • Stick with the laptop. Costs a little bit more money, but a desktop is just too bulky. That's just my opinion though :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Mon May 18, 02:12:00 pm  

  • I came across your blog and think you're hilarious. You need to write a book. I about bust a gut on the "selling the recumbant bike" post. :-) Start with comedy mags, like Funny Times and Mad Magazine, and see where it takes you. I'd buy a book that you wrote, and I'd buy copies for my friends, too. :-)

    By Blogger The Queen's Blonde Typist, At Thu Jun 11, 05:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home