Cleaning house

Friday, September 25, 2009

Hmmm.

The concept of Twit*ter annoys me, and yet that seems to be how I'm blogging these days-140 characters at a time.

I've been looking half-heartedly for a new apartment as mine is too tiny for words. But now I need to get serious about it. Mainly because winter is coming, and with no entry way for shaking off/dripping the snow and rain, so the apartment will be a big sopping mess for 4 months straight. But now, because I found mould in my bathroom this morning.

When the washer fills/drains water comes up through the bathroom floor. Apparently stopping that from happening was not enough. Mould, people. I see major construction in the not so distant future. Bah.

The high-school ex (HSX) continues to message me, and while it's nice to be in touch, it's a bit odd just how MUCH he's in touch. It's funny, too, how odd a thing it is to know someone so very well with regards to their personality and behaviour and yet know nothing about their life for the last 15 years. For instance, who knew that his 'passion' was for cooking?! And he's opening a catering company on the side? Boggles me, it does.

I'm very quick to anger lately, and I don't like that. I've been frustrated and bored at work. I need to get off my butt and start looking for something different, but the motivation isn't there. So I guess that means things aren't that bad! :). I DO need a vacation, but cannot afford one right now, so that's out. I am not the type of person that can take days off and just hang out at home and come out feeling relaxed. That makes me depressed that I didn't do anything productive with my time. Anybody want to win the lottery and cut me in on the proceeds? I didn't think so. Oh well--back to the drawing board.

I've been trying to come up with some sort of plan to make money on the side myself, and I have to say I'm not doing so well with it. Well, that's not true, it's just that I require more free time than I currently have to put the plans into action.

Plan A: gluten free Christmas baking. Cookies and squares platters for people who think there's nothing for them to eat at Christmas fests. I could do this at home and put up signs at the grocery store and on Kijiji.

Plan B: event planning. I have quite a lot of experience with this, as I used to arrange and coordinate company picnics for a living. I'll plan, arrange, set up, serve at, and clean up your private event in your home.

Plan C: errand running. I.e. Picking up groceries, dropping off and fetching dry-cleaning, Christmas gift shopping for people who hate malls but have not yet embraced the interweb. The problem with this is not knowing how many people would use such a service, and how much to charge for convenience. I'd have to play it by ear and see-standing in line at Toys R Us has to be worth A LOT! :)

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions and limited in saleable skills.

I guess I had more than 140 characters worth of stuff after all. Lucky you! *tee-hee!*

Have a lovely day, Poppets!

P.s. For those of you in the know, my baby sis got engaged on Tuesday night! :) no date for a while, but quite a lovely ring.

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I can't get into Twitty either.

    I like your event-planning idea. I believe that would be the most lucrative of your three ideas. If you need a band let me know!

    ;)

    By Blogger Sean Hully, At Fri Sept 25, 01:33:00 pm  

  • You could come live with me! I'm looking for a roommate. I don't have mold, but I do have three cats and crazy neighbours :) hahaha

    How about a gift-wrapping business? Most people hate wrapping presents. All you would need for supplies is wrapping paper and bows and tags and scissors.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sat Sept 26, 12:07:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home