Cleaning house

Monday, September 07, 2009

Fine then.

I guess that since the fates seem to be conspiring against me by leaving me no blogs to read, no tv to watch, and no sleep to have--I might as well blog.

Things are...messed up. Getting better, but messed the fuck up. The finances are in the gutter. The job is just Meh at the best of times. And I'm still waiting on an expense cheque from my move (11 months ago--but who's counting?) My car is still being held hostage in Sackville (this is the end of month 3) -- where it will remain until I get my expense cheque and can pay the ransom.

I'm not hating being a bus person, but I think that's mainly because I've been quite lucky to work with some great folks. My boss picks me up every morning at 6:45 AM, saving me an extra 15 minutes at the house. I can generally get a ride home at night-time, saving me the 1.5 hours it takes to make a 10 minute trip home. I've just had to bus that a couple of times--and I don't actually mind it. The only thing that I really dislike about it, is the amount of time it adds to my already long days at work, and that it keeps me from my dog that much longer. I feel quite guilty about the amount of time he spends home alone.

I'll likely continue the bus commute for any day shifts that I work, even once the car comes home. The timing is convenient, and it will save me a ton of money on gas and wear and tear. I just don't like mooching rides at night time, because even though I've driven people home hundreds of times over the last 10 years, I hate asking. I know most people don't mind, but I don't like to count on that at 10:00 pm. Particularly in the rain or snow.

I have Wednesday off, and my mission for Wednesday is to piece together a current resume. I don't have one. I opened the classifieds on Saturday morning at work, and a job jumped out at me and screamed "SADIE!!! THIS IS FOR YOU!!!" so I figure that I should listen or something. The application deadline is next Monday, so I have a bit of time for tweaking.

I've been thinking a lot over the last couple of weeks about what I want/need to change in my life. I work too many hours at my current job for the limited amount of opportunity for growth that is available to me. I love what I do, and I'm quite good at it; but if there's nowhere to GO from here, then I need to go OUT from here. And, dammit, I want a life again. I want to take Gaelic class in the evenings. I'd like to develop a routine. I'd love to have my evenings and weekends free, like most of the mythical people I read about on the internet. I've never known any of those people...but I think I'd like to be one of them. I'd like to try it, at least.

Anyway--bedtime. Because 5 am comes early. *shudder*

G'night, poppets. I've missed you.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Blimey, not a word for ages, then a deluge!

    The key in life for me, is patience. Couple that with some determination, and you won't be kept low for long. So keep your chin up, look people in the eye, and crack on with it!

    By Blogger badgerdaddy, At Tue Sept 08, 11:59:00 am  

  • if you want me to look at your resume, send it to my work :) in fact, email me anyways and tell me about the job :)

    and we're opposite right now. I"D LOVE TO TAKE THE BUS OR TRAIN but commuting into the north end of the city prevents this.

    By Blogger chRistine, At Tue Sept 08, 08:10:00 pm  

  • Good luck on getting that new job. Since we're talking about buses, you might like to know that Peterpatch is now hooked up with a GO bus starting this week! I will definitely take advantage of that when I can.

    By Blogger Sean Hully, At Wed Sept 09, 01:28:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home