Cleaning house

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

26* and sunny

Today was lovely.

I slept in, but was still up far earlier than my sister. We went to the mall, where I found the perfect pair of pants. I left them at the mall, as i have no money. I was having a skinny day, so it was a great day to try on pants, and find the perfect pair of pants. Even if I could not bring them home with me, where they belong.

We came home, ate pierogies, baked banana bread, and are now just chillin' watching Inked and CSI simultaneously. We both have an insane obsession with CSI. It's not good.

Last night, Lynn came by and the three of us went to Dairy Queen for an overpriced sugar-rush. We then came home and had a drink. Lynn and Amy each had a glass of wine, and i had a beer. Amy had two more glasses of wine after Lynn left, and prior to my going to sleep. When I woke up, the wine bottle was empty, and the last 3 beers were gone too. Someone was a little bit thirsty, I'm thinking. Otherwise, I've started sleep-drinking. I'm sure i'm a riot when I"m doing this, but it could wreak havoc on my liver. Not to mention all the extra steps I'm getting while I'm in bed that I"m not taking credit for on my activity page!

I'm tired of being poverty-stricken. I have felt like a real loser during this visit with Amy because I haven't been able to take her out to do anything riotously fun and tourist like. She hasn't seemed to notice, and when I point out that we can go and do whatever she would like, she comes up with things which are quite tame and fairly inexpensive...which is cool, and I haven't prompted her, but sheesh...I feel like a heel for not forcing her to do things like mountain climbing and scuba diving (both of which I equate in my head as being very pricey hobbies--never having done either, I could be wrong. But I doubt it).

Work tomorrow for the morning, as David Snow (our vice-ceo if there is such a thing) is coming to the store for a meeting with the department managers and assistant managers. I intend to ask him flat-out (if the opportunity presents itself) if they intend to ever give me a store, and what it is that I need to do to get that store of my own. I think he will appreciate the ballsy-ness of the move, and not be annoyd by the aggressive nature of the question. They expect that shit from the men, and I think I need to take the opportunity to remind him what it is that I want from this company, and that I'm here, wonderful, and that hthey need me to take charge. We shall see. I may just chicken-shit out of it too.

Must fix the car. Must fix the debt. Must fix the attitude. Must remind people that I am amazing and deserve to be treated as such.

I'm so glad to get this shit out of the way with Luke. I want to call him up and ask for more store gossip (like I used to pre-dating) about his new store, but I'm a little afraid that it would be too much too soon and he'd think I was being all girly. Which I may be, but I've been questionging the motives of my desires for the last two days, and I think they're pure. I also think that I obsess too much and I should just lighten the fuck up. Boys don't put this much thought and consideration into ANYTHING, why should I imagine that he'd think anything of my calling to get scoop? Argh. Being a girl sucks sometimes. *grin* But it does make it easier to wear skirts in public!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home